Sonic Electronix

Ok, so I realize this may seem like a completely retarded question but I am doing all my homework before starting anything and decided to ask to be sure. When building an amp rack/enclosure and the amp is to be covered and shown in a plexiglass window do you need to incorporate some time of cooling such as fans or other means. Maybe I am asking this question because in my younger years I remember using far cheaper/low quality equipment and remember them running extremely hot. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I would. Depending on how you build it and where you live, It could get pretty hot if all closed up. You might as well plan on a few cheap fans to help move the air across the amp.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well im in the same boat but my amps have fans in em and just my a/b amp gets hot, and its not enclosed so how would i go about cooling it, get one of those stinger cross flow fans and put beside it? i just want em to run cool in teh summer and when it gets winter i'll just unplug them or untill i need em again

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i used some 120mm case fans that i got with a 5-pack deal on tigerdirect.com when i was building a friends computer.

Edited by TrippiN