having problem with my tilt sensor i just bought... trying to instal it right now and have it wired up to a

python model 881XP alarm/remote starter system, trigger wire hooked up to multiplex input,zone 4

it says shorter than 0.8seconds will trigger warn away, and longer than 0.8seconds will full trigger.

well so far i can only get warn away chirp....

this is what i bought and trying to instal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=018

im trying to protect my wheels! i know my car is lowered and harder to get a jack under but still at current ride height anyone can still get a jack at least under the front and then they can just work there way back with another jack to steal my rear wheels as well.

anyone have any advice on how to get this tilt sensor to work properly?

im starting to get frustrated!

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

does your alarm have a extra spot for a four pin harness to plug into. i think most new viper alarms have a extra aux sensor connection for add ons like a tilt or radar sensor.they are both dei alarms it should have it .maybe post some pics of the instuctions that came with it

smdsig2.jpg

o ok.... well i had to just tie the trigger wire into the door pin connection.... i guess a feedback on the door pin wont hurt anything so i didnt diode it.

so far it works great! i just couldnt have it tied into that multiplex input on the alarm, the tilt sensor did say WARN AWAY and FULL TRIGGER but i guess they lied! the trigger is such a quick pulse that its no good for full trigger but works great wired into the door trigger.

i got it just about done now i just have to fix another parking light issue and gonna instal one more siren under the dash tonight. i just got back from eating and a movie. shouldnt take me long to finish.

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

ya.LOL i just got done for the night and pulled it outside and my dome light kicked on afew times from doing from the shop to the garage.LOL ill just turn off the dome light till tomorow afternoon.LOL

i just backed the car up and said WTF...... my dome light kinda flashed ON OFF real quickly. and more like a DOOH..... shoulda done it.LOL so ill do that tomorow night.

i also fixed my parking/fog light issue with a relay so it wont blow anymore fuses off the alarms output. and also instaled my new varad 3color led scanner. tho i changed the pattern of the leds alittle. little things got 40patterns to chose from! and 3speeds.

i need to drill a hole to hide the wires in my pillar trim and actualy glue the sucker firm since the double sides tape i tried to use isnt holding a darn thing! :(

CLICK PICTURE BELOW FOR VIDEO ;)

th_072343b6.jpg

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

well glad to see you got it working.

45 degrees like the auction said is a biotch tho.

Im pretty sure python is all dei

and that sensor maybe a bit cheap.

I run a dei 507m tilt sensor, that has selectable degrees you can set for how far of a tilt you want it to protect.

I think I got mine set at 1 degree, if my rear air shocks go lose air, my shit goes off lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-507M-digital-tilt-...1QQcmdZViewItem

but as long as you got yours working and its doing the job, congrats ;)

• 1 month later...
ya.LOL i just got done for the night and pulled it outside and my dome light kicked on afew times from doing from the shop to the garage.LOL ill just turn off the dome light till tomorow afternoon.LOL

i just backed the car up and said WTF...... my dome light kinda flashed ON OFF real quickly. and more like a DOOH..... shoulda done it.LOL so ill do that tomorow night.

i also fixed my parking/fog light issue with a relay so it wont blow anymore fuses off the alarms output. and also instaled my new varad 3color led scanner. tho i changed the pattern of the leds alittle. little things got 40patterns to chose from! and 3speeds.

i need to drill a hole to hide the wires in my pillar trim and actualy glue the sucker firm since the double sides tape i tried to use isnt holding a darn thing! :(

CLICK PICTURE BELOW FOR VIDEO ;)

th_072343b6.jpg

In your Video you the Chasing leds on the A Pillar, I am running the Same python 881xp,

where can i get that led chasing, and are they hard to install ?

I am a network eng. not an Audio guy. so sorry if that sound like a noob question here.

Edited by KrvsProd

In your Video you the Chasing leds on the A Pillar, I am running the Same python 881xp,

where can i get that led chasing, and are they hard to install ?

I am a network eng. not an Audio guy. so sorry if that sound like a noob question here.

the led scanner is very easy to instal! i believe its just a power wire, then the orange wire that is grounded when the alarm is armed and then just a ground wire. simple 3 wire hook up.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/varad-scanne...Q2em118Q2el1248

varad is probably the better brand name for alarm scanners. they have several diferent models and colors and even a few multicolor led units as well.

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg