Sonic Electronix

Looking To Add Some New Components In The Accord

Well as the title says, Im going to be adding some components to the accord as soon as I get two batteries in the trunk which will probably happen Monday. Once payday comes on Friday, i will more than likely be purchasing a set of components.

Car is a 2000 Accord Coupe 4cl. I will be running the components off of a Kenwood eXcelon 250watt rms 2 channel amp. (At least I think thats what it exactly is lol) Im not sure of the exact mounting depth in the door. I know that the speakers are 6.5's because I checked it out on crutchfield.

I am really liking the CDT Audio component speakers and dont really want to go over the 200$ mark and get a decent bang for my buck. So my main question is this, would these CDT Audio speakers with a 2.5" mounting depth fit into my stock door panel and what are everyone's opinions of these speakers?

Thanks!

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4596

Ive also heard the CDT's and they sounded really good. my personal favorite so far is kicker, I think its pretty good results without breaking the bank. With components its all about personal taste.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

if not, MAKE'em fit. i bet it will fit though, unless your doors are skinny as hell

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I run MB Quart Reference series comps in my car. I'm thinking about selling them and getting a pair of Focal Polyglass comps. Believe it or not my one component keeps up with 2 Nightshade 12's off of a gp 3000d. I have a Cerwin Vega exl400.4 running to the MB Quarts and I'm only using 2 of the channels to do so. I would say you could run some of them and you won't be disapointed at all. They get loud too with very little power. Another of my favorite's right now is the newer Pioneer Premier comps with the carbon fiber cones. I just put a pair in a Kia ran off the deck and they sounded great. I'm sure they'll scream when I hook up an amp to them. I'll let you know how that turns out too.

Archived