Second Skin Audio

Soundstream T 4

Don't run those subs in a sealed box. You'll burn them real quick. Something about the motors on them makes them get hot hot hot and if there isn't airflow through the box.... :o

Don't be lazy, build something inside the boot. It's not hard.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Don't run those subs in a sealed box. You'll burn them real quick. Something about the motors on them makes them get hot hot hot and if there isn't airflow through the box.... :o

Don't be lazy, build something inside the boot. It's not hard.

oh great you tell me after i bought the sealed box .and the lazyness well im not good with building stuff and the local shop would have done it ported and all for 350 now thats a lot more then what i paid for one sub.but how long you think theyll last with the sealed box in them?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

oh great you tell me after i bought the sealed box .and the lazyness well im not good with building stuff and the local shop would have done it ported and all for 350 now thats a lot more then what i paid for one sub.but how long you think theyll last with the sealed box in them?

How much power are you giving them?

If it's less than ~500w of clean power to each you'll be fine. 800wrms upwards and things will get toasty...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

How much power are you giving them?

If it's less than ~500w of clean power to each you'll be fine. 800wrms upwards and things will get toasty...

well i got a hifonics 1606 hooked up to them so yeah i think it might get toasty ,one of the subs sounds funny but that's cause i bought the sub used and to say the truth i shouldnet have done that now i might need a new sub,.but hey i got them installed today and man do they KNOCK i mean for in a sealed box they knock.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

well i got a hifonics 1606 hooked up to them so yeah i think it might get toasty ,one of the subs sounds funny but that's cause i bought the sub used and to say the truth i shouldnet have done that now i might need a new sub,.but hey i got them installed today and man do they KNOCK i mean for in a sealed box they knock.

If you are worried about airflow to the motors, just invert the subs.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

If you are worried about airflow to the motors, just invert the subs.

thing is though that they'll hit the trunk and theyll use a lot more of the trunk which i have no more due to those 15's :cray:

but is it really that bad to have those subs in a sealed box?