the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

It may not be as loud as you like since it's not in the trunk loading off of the truck lid or anything. Since it's not a ton of speaker or power being in the car's cabin may not be the best place for it. I'd be willing to bet if you did just throw it in a ported box and do woofer and port back all in the trunk it would be louder as well as sound better.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

turn the tline around see if that does anything for ya

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i'll try that when i get a chance, its a PITA to get in/out but whatever, shouldnt be that bad

it doesnt sound that bad, but like i said, im so used to the stupid loud system i had, and this thing is trying to keep up with 600 watts of highs in my front doors

im not expecting it to be loud, its a friggin 8inch, i mean, come on. if i get a little volume from turning it around thats great, but then i get an ugle square in my seat for no apparant reason=)

pics will come, and this will be done as soon as i get an earlyish day off work, or feel motivated. gimme a few days, pics will come as well

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

• 2 weeks later...

turning the t-line didnt do anything besides make it harder for me to tell when its bottoming out

its not loud enough, its that simple....i downgraded to 1/4 the cone area and 1/4 the power, and although it works really well for an 8, thanks to the t-line, its still 200 watts of 8inch sub vs. 600 watts of 2 sets of components, and its not keeping up on anything besides rock music, and even then it friggin bottoms out....wussy little sub

so, heres the update, i was at work and wanted to do something unique and saw these lying around the store, got a steal on em cuz theyre old and who the hell wants 8inch squares anyway?

Posted Image

yea, thats 4 05s8l54's

if you can guess what im doing, you get the best guesser award! yay you!

p.s. its going to be done monday/tues, i have off work cuz im going back to school, it needs to be done by wed when im driving back

its getting ~1200rms

its going to be ported

its going to be very very loud for little baby woofers

oh, and heres what i accomplished last week, avic-f90 in the dash, bypassed, and set up, this thing was a royal pita in my car....

Posted Image

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

turning the t-line didnt do anything besides make it harder for me to tell when its bottoming out

its not loud enough, its that simple....i downgraded to 1/4 the cone area and 1/4 the power, and although it works really well for an 8, thanks to the t-line, its still 200 watts of 8inch sub vs. 600 watts of 2 sets of components, and its not keeping up on anything besides rock music, and even then it friggin bottoms out....wussy little sub

so, heres the update, i was at work and wanted to do something unique and saw these lying around the store, got a steal on em cuz theyre old and who the hell wants 8inch squares anyway?

Posted Image

yea, thats 4 05s8l54's

if you can guess what im doing, you get the best guesser award! yay you!

p.s. its going to be done monday/tues, i have off work cuz im going back to school, it needs to be done by wed when im driving back

its getting ~1200rms

its going to be ported

its going to be very very loud for little baby woofers

oh, and heres what i accomplished last week, avic-f90 in the dash, bypassed, and set up, this thing was a royal pita in my car....

Posted Image

i also got 18% bronze tints all around, but its dark out so it just looks like black windows....i'll get a pick sometime soonish

Team DC

well theres now 4 l5's in my rear deck, with a 76sqin port through the armrest, a 4 cube net after port/dispacement box in the trunk

box is 38x19x20 if i remember right, its pretty friggin huge to be in a trunk, but honestly i have more usable room now than ever, i gotta sprayfoam around the subs, build a new parcel shelf, and put a pretty panel in

none of that will ever get done though cuz i head back to school weds and will end up redoing it in summer, i dont think i can get 2 15's in there without alot of work, like repositioning the backseat and rewelding braces in an crap, so expect alot of work out of me and me learning to weld (i have like 14 inches i can use...so frustrating the work that has to be done to get the extra 1.625 inches i need to put 15's.

i can easily get 6 cubes in there though, this wasnt so bad, but putting a 15 in will def require a new tactic, either pull the box way forward and cut out alot of metal or take out the back window temporarily

theres a bunch of pics of how i cut out the rear deck, built this box, and junk, someone out there has to say they wanna see em or im not wasting 10 minutes of my life on phorobucket=)

Team DC

vids will be tomorrow/thurs/fri

pics tonight

between work, saying goodbye to my girl, and packing, today has been nuts

Team DC

yeah pics would be nice

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived