Jump to content

Pre-out Dilemma


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just recently bought a new head unit for my truck, upgrading significantly from sony xplod :bad: , to a Kenwood KVT 512. I know it's no avic but I thought it would suit me just fine, until I found it that this head unit does not have 3 sets of pre-outs for audio. The head unit comes with front and rear/subwoofer, which is a little annoying since I just decided I wanted to step up and put some money in this truck, I.E. in the form of door speakers, tweets, bigger subs and such. I found one solution for this problem, a line output converter

http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1

but I'm worried about audio quality will be sacrificed. I'm relatively new with mobile audio theory but I was wondering do preouts have a louder, or cleaner output than the standard factory harness outputs?

thanks for any help

sean

Posted

you'll be fine with 2 pre-amp outputs. (front and rear/sub)

just use a y-cable if you have to to run a 4-channel setup for mids/highs, use the y-cable from the front pre-amp output.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

so someone else doesn't start another thread. what do you do when you only have 1 set of RCA pre-outs? and you need to run a 4 channel and a subwoofer amp.

----reference's----

meade916

Posted
so someone else doesn't start another thread. what do you do when you only have 1 set of RCA pre-outs? and you need to run a 4 channel and a subwoofer amp.

run a rca from pre-out to sub amp, use a y-cable or if the amp has it, a rca output. use a y-cable after that for the 4-channel amp too, line driver is reccomended too probably.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1122 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...