Mudrunner Fiberglass Body........needs A Little Repair Work

First im working on the driver side....

here is the driver side rear body brace that i made...

Posted Image

on the old one,,,,the body mount was just bolted to the fiberglass and the bolt and washer had torn through the glass..so

after making the new brace....I embedded a 1/8" steel plate into the glass...this way the plate for the body mount can be bolted to the plate which is glassed in.....(hope that makes sence)

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

while the plate was curing...i moved towards the front and started grinding out all the inside corners....then added 3 layers of 1.5 oz chopmat to them....also repaired a few cracks here and there..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some of the big crack on the inside repaired..........but at the bottom you can see ALOT still has to be ground out and repaired

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

well as i continue on the driver side of this thing....i see more work...........

its no damn wonder it cracks.....there is a 1/4 inch of resin pooled up in this thing with no mat....so im grinding it all out of there.....back down to the original piece.....

on the right you can see whats been ground out

Posted Image

the dark spot on the left is pooled up resin....waiting to be ground out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a couple spots that were busted out.....and needed to be built back up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the steel plate...for the body mount to bolt to

Posted Image

more pooled resin....to be ground out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the areas....outlined in green........with the green Xs are where ive already built it up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Poor Cavi.........alone out there in the dark

Posted Image

nice work.getting a lot done in a short time.

Thank you..............Im trying to get it done ASAP....cuz he still has alot of races this season....but at the same time...im not gonna cut no corners.... :clapping::clapping:

Archived