Sonic Electronix

Alright guys I have a 08 tahoe with a stock battery. I have a JL 1000/1 hooked up to a JL W7 I have a 100 watt circuit breaker hooked up and when it hits hard the circuit breaker pops this is driving me crazy. I have replaced the circuit breaker already. I have 4 guage wire running it all. Any suggestions or advice. Should I get a kinetic power cell or a yellow top battery. It only happens when I hit really hard with the bass knob turned up. It will play at low volumes well. Please help me out before I pull out my hair.

It only happens when I hit really hard with the bass knob turned up. It will play at low volumes well. Please help me out before I pull out my hair.

You might as well pull your hair out because if you knew enough about car audio you wouldn't have the bass knob all the way up, or have a circuit breaker.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 100 watt circuit breaker, but it should be at least 100 or 150 amps, or better yet go with anl fuses, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Goldquest-4-Gauge-ANL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have already had one of those and it blew them as well. I meant t say 100 amp circuit breaker.

WOW I don't think you know what you got your hands on.

That is a very current hungry amp.

You are not setup to run that thing propperly.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

WOW I don't think you know what you got your hands on.

That is a very current hungry amp.

You are not setup to run that thing propperly.

What do I need to run it? I have a kinetic power cell, should I use that and maybe run 0 gauge wire and a yellow top?

Well rite off the bat you need 1/0 guage wire.

I recommend doing the Big 3 as it has been a proven method for better current transfer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

Then put a deep cycle battery in place of the starter battery.

That should solve your problem.

Go 150 amp on the circuit breaker.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I would atleast do a 150 amp fuse or circuit breaker, if its true 4ga wire it will take it. Best would be get 0 ga wiring

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN