Guest clifford3030 Posted July 11, 2008 Report Posted July 11, 2008 I'm looking for some 8's, 200-250 rms. I'm probably going to run 4 or 6. Even some suggestions on brands and models would be helpful. Thanks, Austin Quote
Torres Posted July 11, 2008 Report Posted July 11, 2008 Sundown E8's when they're back in stock at least. 200 watts RMS, SVC. good quality. hopefully i'll be able to hear mine soon also i believe RE has a decent 8" woofer Quote
mbdblue Posted July 11, 2008 Report Posted July 11, 2008 I second the E8s.... Quote AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Guest clifford3030 Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 Now i will be going from my 15 Fi Q to this... will the e8's have enough bump??? i will port. possible port firing into car through hole between seats and subs firing toward trunk Quote
Torres Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 i would say yes. you'll have more cone area, possibly more power (if you go with 6). i went from 4 15's to my E8's and i'm not lookin back Quote
01xtreme Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 i would say yes. you'll have more cone area, possibly more power (if you go with 6). i went from 4 15's to my E8's and i'm not lookin back its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's. Quote My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
Guest clifford3030 Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's. Damn is alll i have to say.... just saw your build thread.... I'm jealous I'm not sure if i should hold on to my XT2000D for whatever 8's i get. that would cut me down to 4 probably. space is not a problem so which would you guess to have more output... E8's or RLI-8's? Quote
01xtreme Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 Damn is alll i have to say.... just saw your build thread.... I'm jealous I'm not sure if i should hold on to my XT2000D for whatever 8's i get. that would cut me down to 4 probably. space is not a problem so which would you guess to have more output... E8's or RLI-8's? Honestly I have never heard the E8's in person yet, so I cant really compare the 2, but everyone who is running the E8's seems to be please with their output. I know the RLI8's are built like little tanks, and sound retty loud. A buddy of mine is hittin almost 140 with a pair of the RLI8's in the trunk of a Karman Ghia. Quote My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
Torres Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's. lol true. but the box can be more versatile, and i bet he could get louder. plus...the 8's are just so darn cute Quote
Guest clifford3030 Posted July 14, 2008 Report Posted July 14, 2008 lol true. but the box can be more versatile, and i bet he could get louder. plus...the 8's are just so darn cute I'm not seeing how 4-6 could get as loud as your 32 but i will try my damnedest! Those RL-i8's look so bad ass but price is quite a bit more... I've built a few boxes myself so thats not new but i'm thinking a bandpass box that fires through the opening in the middle of the back seat. would that be good or should i do a normal vent? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.