Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest clifford3030
Posted

I'm looking for some 8's, 200-250 rms. I'm probably going to run 4 or 6. Even some suggestions on brands and models would be helpful.

Thanks,

Austin

Posted

Sundown E8's :D when they're back in stock at least. 200 watts RMS, SVC. good quality. hopefully i'll be able to hear mine soon

also i believe RE has a decent 8" woofer

 

 

Posted

I second the E8s....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Guest clifford3030
Posted

Now i will be going from my 15 Fi Q to this... will the e8's have enough bump??? i will port. possible port firing into car through hole between seats and subs firing toward trunk

Posted

i would say yes. you'll have more cone area, possibly more power (if you go with 6). i went from 4 15's to my E8's and i'm not lookin back :D

 

 

Posted
i would say yes. you'll have more cone area, possibly more power (if you go with 6). i went from 4 15's to my E8's and i'm not lookin back :D

its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Guest clifford3030
Posted
its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's.

Damn is alll i have to say.... just saw your build thread.... I'm jealous :good:

I'm not sure if i should hold on to my XT2000D for whatever 8's i get. that would cut me down to 4 probably.

space is not a problem so which would you guess to have more output... E8's or RLI-8's?

Posted
Damn is alll i have to say.... just saw your build thread.... I'm jealous :good:

I'm not sure if i should hold on to my XT2000D for whatever 8's i get. that would cut me down to 4 probably.

space is not a problem so which would you guess to have more output... E8's or RLI-8's?

Honestly I have never heard the E8's in person yet, so I cant really compare the 2, but everyone who is running the E8's seems to be please with their output. I know the RLI8's are built like little tanks, and sound retty loud. A buddy of mine is hittin almost 140 with a pair of the RLI8's in the trunk of a Karman Ghia.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Posted
its not like you're running a few E8's though. lol. I would also say go with the E8's, or possibly even the sound splinter RLI-8's.

lol true. but the box can be more versatile, and i bet he could get louder. plus...the 8's are just so darn cute :wub:

 

 

Guest clifford3030
Posted
lol true. but the box can be more versatile, and i bet he could get louder. plus...the 8's are just so darn cute :wub:

I'm not seeing how 4-6 could get as loud as your 32 but i will try my damnedest!

Those RL-i8's look so bad ass but price is quite a bit more...

I've built a few boxes myself so thats not new but i'm thinking a bandpass box that fires through the opening in the middle of the back seat. would that be good or should i do a normal vent?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5785 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...