Sundown Audio

Sony Xplod 17 Volts?

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7013_Sony+XM-D9001GTR.html

Sony XMD9001GTR

Do you think that amplifier would take 17volts? I'm planning to use 3 psus but for now I have two as the other two shorted out. Some people told me I should series - parallel the -12v + 3.3v or 5v together to make 15.3v/17v the 3.3v gives out 28A and the 5v gives out 30A. So when I wire both psu's together, I'm hoping to get 15.3v - 56A / 17v - 60A. Lol please help.. I don't even fukin know how to series - parallel psu's together. :pardon::unknw:

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7013_Sony+XM-D9001GTR.html

Sony XMD9001GTR

Do you think that amplifier would take 17volts? I'm planning to use 3 psus but for now I have two as the other two shorted out. Some people told me I should series - parallel the -12v + 3.3v or 5v together to make 15.3v/17v the 3.3v gives out 28A and the 5v gives out 30A. So when I wire both psu's together, I'm hoping to get 15.3v - 56A / 17v - 60A. Lol please help.. I don't even fukin know how to series - parallel psu's together. :pardon::unknw:

PSU share a common ground.

I don't thin you could series them.

You did say you had more than one correct?

You may be able to do it that way, just keep a fire Extinguisher Handy.

17V would probably blow the amp unless you could put enough load onto the PSU's to drop them down to 13-15v.

if it took 17v it may actually do half rated power before its trademark "explod". i highly doubt it will take 17 volts for very long

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

if it took 17v it may actually do half rated power before its trademark "explod". i highly doubt it will take 17 volts for very long

LOl no it gives out what it's rated. This is CEA-2006 Compliant. So if I do the 15.3v mod then it will probably drop down to 13~ so I'd be getting near 900 watts rms.

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

So when I turn it on, the subs should be playing right away to give it a voltage drop lol?

So if it idles at 17v, it'll just blow right?

bumpppppp

BTW Sorry for sort-of double posting..

Go look at the amperage rating on your PSUs for the -12v. The Enermax in my hand right now is rated at 0.5A for the -12v rails, so even 3 of them in parallel is going to give you like 3A tops. That amplifier will pull maybe 60-70A at full draw. Your PSUs will just think there's a short and either go into 'protect' or let the magic smoke out.

Get a small sealed AGM battery and a 5A battery charger. Just keep the charger on it all the time and watch the voltage, it should pound for a while before the voltage gets too low.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If you do put 17v to a sony, make sure to get a video of it..

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Go look at the amperage rating on your PSUs for the -12v. The Enermax in my hand right now is rated at 0.5A for the -12v rails, so even 3 of them in parallel is going to give you like 3A tops. That amplifier will pull maybe 60-70A at full draw. Your PSUs will just think there's a short and either go into 'protect' or let the magic smoke out.

Get a small sealed AGM battery and a 5A battery charger. Just keep the charger on it all the time and watch the voltage, it should pound for a while before the voltage gets too low.

Oh, mine is a budget system.. I'll just leave it with 6 12v rails from 3 psus..104Amperes and hope there isn't a lot of voltage drop. Even if I drop to 11.2 volts, I'll still get around 744 watts rms.