We only did this because of all the comments about how hard is it to get in the 140's or I'm only hitting a 130 something, what can I do to get louder type of questions, etc....

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

The point here is thats a cheap $100 sub thats (if I have to guess) only getting about 800watts from that amp and is easily hitting over 140s. I see threads all the time about guys with more expensive subs on a lot more power barely hitting a 141 on burps and its always followed by the excuse "its just a daily ground pounder, I don't care about #s". This is a ground pounder setup also being tuned to 33hz and gets decently loud & low still hitting over a 140 @ 36hz and a 138 @ 33hz. Its all in the box. I recommend to all the newbs out there, spend more money on a really well built box and you can save a lot on subs and amps. Next we'll meter some Jeezy and see what it does on music. I'm confident that with a slight bump in tuning to 35hz this setup could BassRace the 139.9 class.

I hit 144db with a pair of RF T212d4's

Thanks for helping prove my point. $700 RF T2s (w/ probably a couple thousand watts) vs. $100 Kicker Cvr (on about 800watts)?!?

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Thanks for helping prove my point. $700 RF T2s (w/ probably a couple thousand watts) vs. $100 Kicker Cvr (on about 800watts)?!?

that is out of a trunk with a 30hz tuned box....

my last set up was a hatch and it was nailing 149.2 - 150.4 depending on how drained

my batteries were

you won't hit those numbers with an 800w rms kicker CVR in the same car and the same tuning

my last set up was a hatch and it was nailing 149.2 - 150.4 depending on how drained

my batteries were

you won't hit those numbers with an 800w rms kicker CVR in the same car and the same tuning

So what is it you're trying to compare this time? and why? I'm just showing people how easy it is to get decently loud without spending a lot of money and you jump in wanting to compare your much more expensive setup and how loud it is. Yay for you.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Okay fine.... time to work on the Sentra (think I spelled it right)

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Why does it seem like so many people are getting butt-hurt about this? Its a good score from a cheapo sub and tuned to 33hz it will ground pound well (its not a burp only setup). I see scores of high 30s and low 40s all the time from people with way better equipment and way more power. This same car & same amp with 2 cvr 15s does mid 46s.

What I'm getting down to is a little more work on your box will make you a lot happier in the long run.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived