Lol, U Think These Will Make Good Midbass's?

tacomabanga1986

To clarify I feel a speaker should be able to go far beyond its call of duty to get just a little bit of info out of it.

Yes I want a sub to beable to play past 100 hertz so I can X-over it at 75 hertz and not wory about stressing it.

Same goes for anything else.

What ever it is needs to beable to play far more than what I need it to, to make me comfortable with it and give me more options with my X-over.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

no one says you cant, some people do, some people dont, I prefer an 8" driver, but I wont lie I think meade has the 10's in the hoopty sounding great

David were I screwed up was not stating that any size speaker can be used as a mid-bass as long as it has the propper frequency response.

Sorry for screwing that up.

In this day and age more and more subwoofers are becomming subwoofers if you know what I mean.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

David were I screwed up was not stating that any size speaker can be used as a mid-bass as long as it has the propper frequency response.

Sorry for screwing that up.

In this day and age more and more subwoofers are becomming subwoofers if you know what I mean.

I knew what ya meant, Im an Old Sq guy, meade has converted me into a Groundpounder, but I still enjoy a Good Sq system

I knew what ya meant, Im an Old Sq guy, meade has converted me into a Groundpounder, but I still enjoy a Good Sq system

:D:lol:

Terryswork001.png

ok ok when i looked up speakers for MIDBASS i keep coming across 6.5s ive asked a few people and they all say get some 8s thats why i asked can you do 10s

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ok ok when i looked up speakers for MIDBASS i keep coming across 6.5s ive asked a few people and they all say get some 8s thats why i asked can you do 10s

I'll try and not stick my foot in my mouth.

To a piont you need to look at how loud you really are and what its going to take to make a transition between your subs and mid ranges.(What are you lacking and what needs to be made up for)

You need a speaker that has a very nice frequency response and can possibly get loud.( Kicker makes both a 6 and 8 midbass and so do other companies)

It doesn't mean you need 10 inch midbasses. Steve's ride can play actual music in the very high 150s witch isn't common to my knowledge(David I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong but Steve is an exception) I don't see any reason an 8 inch speaker designed for mid-bass apps wouldn't work in the majority of applications.

Terryswork001.png

King I thought that was the piont of mid-basses.

I have always been under the understanding that in most apps you need to know how to make a X-over for them or have the rite amps to do a band pass signal.

Well it's more of having the right xover points for the right speaker.

You can just hook it up and feed it full range, ( well You can) but it wouldn't serve the purpose of a midbass.

If you xover with a passive xover them the points are set. If you go active, then you have room to tweak it where you like it.

I have a 8" midbass, and then a 6" midrange. Both are in the doors but each are xovered at different points through my active xover.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well sometimes i like to listen to my system with the subs off and just have good midbass playin thats got a good fullrange thump to it, and clarity i guess im gettin more into sq now but i like somethin that will get down, i love low bass but i like mids that will take up the slack inbetween it, if i get the ss8'' midbass's will that work good for mids with subs off when i listen to country and rock or im just lookin for a fullrange kinda system, somethin that plays lows, highs and mids as good as i can get it to sound, my kickers have some good midbass but i dont want to blow em, i mean i dont turn the bass up on the headunit i just cut the hpxo(highpasscrossover) on the headunit and turn on the bassboost on teh amp and set the xover on teh amp to 120htz or so, u dont think 150.2 goin to 4 6&1/2's will blow em do u? i want a clean sound system not that loud ass bass with no mids like i hear almost all the time around here, these lil highschool kids round here just wants shit to shake everything and distort but i like some good mids n highs with some loud bass also, if ima play it loud i want it clear as well

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

The important part is to get the proper sound to the right speaker. I have about 50w going to each of my door speakers, and it gets plenty loud, It stays clear doing also.

It really matters on how you divide the signal to the speakers, not how much power you put to them

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived