Sonic Electronix

Can Some1 Answer My Questions. I Know Nothing

Go to your local best buy and buy a bass package, thats my opinion on a good start

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

I don't care.

He needs to grow slow and safely and learn how to do it rite.

The rite way = less problems

the rite way or your opinion of the right way?

You cant give any repitible advise until you know.

What music he listens to?

How loud he wants to get?

What type of loud he wants SQ ground pounder fart box........

The type of car its going in?

Whats already in the car?

How much room he wants to loose for a box?

How handy he is with tools. Does he have friends that know what there doing helping. Is a shop installer in the budget?

Whats the Budget for bass? What the budget for the whole build? whats the Budget for the install?

With out knowing this your just pissing in the wind with your advise.

the rite way or your opinion of the right way?

You cant give any repitible advise until you know.

What music he listens to?

How loud he wants to get?

What type of loud he wants SQ ground pounder fart box........

The type of car its going in?

Whats already in the car?

How much room he wants to loose for a box?

How handy he is with tools. Does he have friends that know what there doing helping. Is a shop installer in the budget?

Whats the Budget for bass? What the budget for the whole build? whats the Budget for the install?

With out knowing this your just pissing in the wind with your advise.

And so are you.

It sounds like the total budget is $1000.

Car doesn't matter as much considering he doesn't know anything about car audio to use the vehicle to his advantage.

$1000 plus not knowing what he is doing. He needs experience on the ground floor before he tries to go big.

The products I have picked out will work in a number of different applications so the vehcle isn't that important.

They also give him a decent starter system that won't destroy his alt,burn out his battery prematurely and cost him a bunch of money.

If he tries to go big rite off the bat its going to cause him hedaches and probblems in the long run because he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Why does the vehicle matter so much with the Kicker Comp VRs considering they can go in a variety of different enclosures and 750 watts is more than enough for a first time self installed stereo system.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I ran 2,000 watts plus highs amps off of stock electrical for years with out a single issue. The best it hit was a 148 burp off of more power and music was 144 with the 2000 watts. If you dont believe me ask Doug Stockton He wired it and metered it for the 148. all stock no big 3 no new battery no caps 1 single run of 1/0 from the battery. Also I would talk to the kid more before suggesting any type of equipment. Im thinking that after talking to him any thing under 1,000 watts would be pointless.

That really says something about you, doesn't it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I give up you know all. :fool:

I'm far from knowing it all but I have learned a thing or two in the last 13 years.

I have never ever had anyones hands in my stereo stuff either. EVER

Terryswork001.png

That really says something about you, doesn't it.

What does it say? It might say, friend had 2 mis matched amps sitting in his living room and decided to use my truck as a gini pig to see if his experiment would work? Burped it went WOW we were right then took the amps back out. Or were you feeling challenged and thinking you could use it against me to make me look like lesser of a car audio enthusiast In order to make your advise look more credible at my exspinse.

Okay if you don't mind me putting another .02 in, if it was me and this was my first system and i knew nothing about car audio i would get this equipement

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...p=442&avf=N

Pretty decent Sub/Amp/Box combo pack for not alot of money

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...=5684&avf=N

cheap and affective HU

Cheap wiring kit

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...PA41&tp=635

That should be all you need for a first time system and probably wouldnt sound half bad, and not cost you a whole lot

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

What does it say? It might say, friend had 2 mis matched amps sitting in his living room and decided to use my truck as a gini pig to see if his experiment would work? Burped it went WOW we were right then took the amps back out. Or were you feeling challenged and thinking you could use it against me to make me look like lesser of a car audio enthusiast In order to make your advise look more credible at my exspinse.

So did this system get ran for 6 months or more?

Yes I did use it to make you look less credible.

So you took the amps back out Why?

I mean according to you that much power won't harm the vehicle if its not setup rite in the long run.

So your example is about a high current system that you only ran for a short period of time. If so that is a big difference from a daily driver like the kid will probbly want so he can show off.

Terryswork001.png

Archived