Sonic Electronix

Can Some1 Answer My Questions. I Know Nothing

i dont know anything about bass but i really want to get one when i get my car in two weeks. im 17. When i buy my bass is there anything else i need to buy besides subwoofers, an amplifier, and a new radio. What does the amplifier do? and why do i need a new radio? The subwoofers rms should match the amplifiers rms, right? Whats the best brand to go with and how much would it cost to install everything. Ima trying to spend around 700 dollars or 1000 dollars. Would i be able to get a bass that really shocks people. If theres anything else you feel i should know, please tell me.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

first of all, what kind of car do you have. second, if you don't know anything about it i would search the forums and try to find someone that is near you that would install it and maybe build you a box because if you go to a shop and they think you don't know shit about it they are going to charge you up the ass. you don't Need a new radio but it would sound a little better.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Start here. newbie site... This site is way too technical in some areas, but the only way to really learn is to start from the beginning.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Buy this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry374042

then with the left over $ buy a amp from some one to like this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=24657 youll be preaty damn loud. As far as what else you will need it will depend on the car you buy.

Buy this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry374042

then with the left over $ buy a amp from some one to like this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=24657 youll be preaty damn loud. As far as what else you will need it will depend on the car you buy.

A litttttlllleeee to advanced for a 16yr old first timer

lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ya seriously.

imo, I would go with something simple, as you know nothing as you said. Nothing wrong with going big when you ballin, but droppin a g without any knowlege on what your doing, is just gonna add up to a lot of returned items because of something you did.

1. Upgrade electrical. Check into get a new alternator, you cant push some heavy beat on a stock electrical system. Check into running the big3. ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280 )

2. Grab a 2nd batt, obviously your wanting to hit hard, so you will need something to bring the power to the amps.

3. Get a new HU, no one likes stock, plus, more features, mp3/wma compatible, ipod compatible, you can get a decent HU (head unit) for $200 shipped.

4. Subs, well i would start out with simple. Maybe something like 2-12" RF P3's. Those hit, from my knowlege, and handle 800-1000w easy. Sound great in ported & sealed.

5. Amp.....

6. Deadener, of course you goto have it, stop that trunk from rattlin like crazy.

People will always suggest different stuff, But you can get nice beat from decently priced things just as well as the high priced stuff. Of course if you got the green, then get the better stuff, fi, dc, etc. But nothing is wrong with pushing some punch 3's @ $100 a pop for some 12s.

Check up on some of meade's builds, always build a box imo, you would be suprised how much better they sound then runnin to best buy and get some particle-board-box... There are many builds on here to learn from, SMD is a knowlege base, the wiki of car audio. Well not exactly, but there is more minds from novice to pro to guide you through what to do.

And like i said, it isnt always good to shoot for the "best" when you dont have the knowlege to put it all together. People can make the worst out of the best crap. But then again.. people can make the best outta the worst crap.

anyways my 2 cents.

A litttttlllleeee to advanced for a 16yr old first timer

lol

Gotta start some were. Its in budget :) Whats so advanced about it any way 1 amp a few subs. He doesn't have to use all 4. Run 2 and use the other 2 for back up. I mean come on if your gonna do it do it right. Why spend a grand on sony explode when you can have something thats gonna be louder than your girl friend after you tell her "you just want to be friends"

----------------

Now playing: T-Bone - Dippin'

via FoxyTunes

Start here. newbie site... This site is way too technical in some areas, but the only way to really learn is to start from the beginning.

logic gates :nea::bad:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived