Sundown Audio

Do You Like This Amp For 2 18"bl's

newls1

It would be good. You could probably give them more power if there loaded though.

Is it worth it to get this amp over the AQ2200D? (God only knows when AQ will get this back into stock!)

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Id try and get more power. I am running 1500 watts to each of my 15" loaded BL's and they never even smell. You could probably feed those 18" bls 1500-1800 watts each

edit: where you located in Ga? I am right by Atlanta.

Edited by Bonappetit

Team Sundown

3 15" Sundown Nightshades

1 RD HW D9 amp

10.5 cubes tuned 30hz

get the US Amps although i havent messed with the aq2200d, im more then happy with the Merlin series of US amps. Why try somethign new when you can get somethign proven to be nice over and over again.

also that AQ is 2200 at 14v so dont let that get to you. as for more power....;most people i see always whining about put more power are the same ones that have no idea how to make a proper box to compensate for less power on the subs or anythign like that..

They know nothing about the box your running and its designed for the BL to get roughly 1000-1200 each.

Question: What inline fuse rating would you use for this amp? I have a 200amp ANL setup I can use, would that work? Also, why do amps have those little fuses in them, if they also need to be fused externally?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Question: What inline fuse rating would you use for this amp? I have a 200amp ANL setup I can use, would that work? Also, why do amps have those little fuses in them, if they also need to be fused externally?

your 200 amp fuse would be fine..you could use that..a 300 amp fuse would be better thoug...and amps have those "little" fuse in them because if you wire something bad or if your subs have more power than your amp the amp fuse blows up and doesnt harm your amp.the problem just stays in that "little" fuse...u know what i mean bro? the fuses just protects your amp..

your 200 amp fuse would be fine..you could use that..a 300 amp fuse would be better thoug...and amps have those "little" fuse in them because if you wire something bad or if your subs have more power than your amp the amp fuse blows up and doesnt harm your amp.the problem just stays in that "little" fuse...u know what i mean bro? the fuses just protects your amp..

Please elaborate on this. subs dont make any power.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Please elaborate on this. subs dont make any power.

i didnt know how to explain it brotha..i was tryin to say or ment if your subs have more watts or rms....couldnt your subs could F*** up your amp if they more watts or rms than your amp?