Second Skin Audio

Wall Problem Edit: Fixed!

ok so I just unhooked 1 amp and with 2 subs it actually hits decent...but when both amps are on they dont hit...so does that mean they are out of phase?

It is the phasing on the amps.

If you have adjustable phase with a dial like a gain, try turning it slowly. If its just a switch that is 0 or 180 degrees of phase leave it be because 180 degrees of phase wont help.

You are not matched properly on the amps, whether it be gain, sub sonic, low pass filter etc, something is not matched properly.

I ran 2 18s in a wall with 2 different types of amps that put out close to the same power, but being different amps it was hard to get them matched perfectly and when they where matched close it was only at 55 hertz which is where my song used for bassrace hit.

The amps should be enough power to get them loud.

Id also make sure all your speaker wires are the same length in general too.

does the amp have a phase switch on it?

A phase switch wont do anything in this case since the 180 degrees phase is way too much, you need a phase dial (turnable)

Also, unless you can maybe strap your amps or master slave them, a maxlink may be your best bet around the phase issues.

But if your running 2 amps at 1 ohms, you can series/parallel your subs for a final single 2 ohm load and run the amps at 2 ohm strapped ( each amp will still be running at 1 ohm).