here's the deal though...even if you drop the pan to dump the fluid, it will still be in the trans lines and the TC, if the vehicle was ever started. So if you don't completely flush the system you'll be mixing oil and trans fluid...NOT GOOD

If it was me...well my ride would be blocking their bay doors when they arrived in the morning. That way there is insurance that my ride's getting the first look, since they can't move vehicles in or out being that the doors are blocked :excl:

Edit: One item that I really don't get <scratching my head> is....there is only one way to add trans fluid if its an auto...and well that is through the trans dip stick. Now who in their right minds adds oil to their motor through the oil dip stick in order to get the oil and trans mixed up???

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

I find it hard to believe that the tranny didnt take a dump either. That van shouldnt have budged with 7 qts of oil in the tranny.....

LOL...

its the caddy.. not the van

my mom has had problems with her a/c over there and a vacuum line ... but other than that there really a lot cheaper and seem to get things done ...

i guess its a lil too advance to do it myself but i'll call them in the morning..

Wow.... so the tech saw the No Oil light and said oops I forgot the oil? What about the quarts of oil he put in the tranny did he forget putting that in? If they do take the caddy back don't let them just flush the oil they need to take off the pan and change the filter as well. They also need to flush it about 4 times to completely get everything out. You DO NOT want to mix those fluids.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

well the guy that did it apparently got fired due to messing up mutliple cars

but the owner of the shop talked to me and said he'll handle everything and refund all my money and will give me some sorta discount card/coupon for labor...

and apparently the transmission had no metal pieces just excessive oil in the tranny and the original oil was never changed...

so.... yeah

only downfall is that it'll take then a good whole day to do the thing along with the other scheduled people...

well the guy that did it apparently got fired due to messing up mutliple cars

but the owner of the shop talked to me and said he'll handle everything and refund all my money and will give me some sorta discount card/coupon for labor...

and apparently the transmission had no metal pieces just excessive oil in the tranny and the original oil was never changed...

so.... yeah

only downfall is that it'll take then a good whole day to do the thing along with the other scheduled people...

as long as you get your money back and car done right. that's why i'm very curuious about where i take my vehicles. i normally just do it myself. it's easy to take your ride into someone's shop and then you come back and hour or so only to find they only added a lil oil versus draining and putting fresh oil in. there's some shady shops out there man.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module