nice!!! im doing a wall in my cavalier with four level 2 15". that box is sexy, to me it sounds like it is tuned high also. my sub picks up lower frequencies pritty good and it wasnt getting to many. meades vids sounds kick ass on my stereo.

how big is the opening of that port? just tryin to figure out what mine has to be like.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Kinda off topic but what kind of camera were you using, it seemed to capture the bass really well! :blink:

:lol: Everytime I take a vid with this camera someone always asks the same thing.

Fujifilm Finepix F20se

I guess I made a good purchase. Its a very inexpensive camera. I love it. Go pick one up.

All your hard work def. paid off! I'm with everyone else on the construction of that wall! Your cuts on those 45s were really nice.

I was wondering on that tune too. With the port that short, it does look to tune rather high. Could you give some net internal cubic footage and the area and length of your port? There are plenty of us on here (myself included) that have nothing better to do than to calculate people's tunes for them. :)

Now it is time to tune and tweak. As soon as you get the DCs broken in you can do some http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif son!

Thx...heres the box info, lemme know what you come up with.

Inside box dimensions:

L- 43.25"

H- 32.21875"

D- 18.75"

Total= 15.12 cu. ft.

Sub displacement= 0.88 cu. ft.

Brace and 45's displacement= 1.2536cu. ft.

Port displacement= 0.375 cu. ft.

=

12.6114 cu. ft. net

3.15 cu. ft. per sub

Port size= 12"x12"x5"

Oh and FYI...it took forever to do the 45's cuz the box wasnt exacly square so I had to keep changing the angle a couple of degrees cut and fit, cut and fit...and every corner was a little different :lol:

Thx...heres the box info, lemme know what you come up with.

Inside box dimensions:

L- 43.25"

H- 32.21875"

D- 18.75"

Total= 15.12 cu. ft.

Sub displacement= 0.88 cu. ft.

Brace and 45's displacement= 1.2536cu. ft.

Port displacement= 0.375 cu. ft.

=

12.6114 cu. ft. net

3.15 cu. ft. per sub

Port size= 12"x12"x5"

Oh and FYI...it took forever to do the 45's cuz the box wasnt exacly square so I had to keep changing the angle a couple of degrees cut and fit, cut and fit...and every corner was a little different :lol:

Box is actually less than 15.

I'm getting a tuning of ~45hz.

With the exact minimum allowed for port area.

Box is actually less than 15.

I'm getting a tuning of ~45hz.

With the exact minimum allowed for port area.

Spot on- Bass Box Pro says 43.8 hz or something like that.

You did make the box with variable tuning in mind, right? Just plugging in numbers into BBP- this will give you an idea of what lengthening the port will do:

8" deep gives you around 37 hz

12" deep gives you around 35 hz

18" deep gives you around 32 hz

It is some sort of crazy diminishing return or what have you. As you can tell, the port gets disproportionally (sp?!?) longer to get a lower tune.

....told you there were people who have nothing better to do than calculate tunes :rolleyes:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I really wanted to make the port removable but since everything so tight I didnt think there was a way :(

but I guess ill just have to make little extentions and try to put em on cuz I really would like it to be tuned lower.

Thx for taking the time to calculate my tuning and telling me how long I gotta make the port to tune lower

I really wanted to make the port removable but since everything so tight I didnt think there was a way :(

but I guess ill just have to make little extentions and try to put em on cuz I really would like it to be tuned lower.

Thx for taking the time to calculate my tuning and telling me how long I gotta make the port to tune lower

Again with the wrong name :fool::fool::lol:

You could just build an insert that slides inside of what you already have... but that would shrink your portage just a hair.

You know... the port doesn't have to be inside the box... you could extend the port past the baffle. As long as it isn't in the way and you don't mind it sticking out there that is....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I was thinking of building an extension that hooks onto the inside of the port and i can nail it, smooth it, and paint it and hopefully it wont be too noticable because i think it would ruin the looks if I did an external extension.

hopefully alls i gotta do is take out one sub and ill be able to put it in

Archived