Couldn't you do one box that stretches across the whole back area? would that help with the airspace issue?

Thats the plan, the picture posted above was justa build i fount with 2 10's and he ripped the rear carpet out to make more room. Even though I stretch it across i'm going to have air space issues. I'll probably be about a half a cube short of the reccomendations of the sub if i do two subs.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

glass??

Negative, no skill for that, plus I just bought wood

highway.jpg

0718082059a.jpg

interior.jpg

Back piece gutted. got some dimensions, anyone know how to calculate airspace with an oddball sized box?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

So the driver's and passenger's side move independantly of one another? If so, why not scoot up the passenger's side like you said and see if you can make enough room for both subs there- then use the driver's side for the port... space permitting of course.

But my vote: if you can't make the box optimum for two, then go with a big ported for the one. SQ and SPL will prob. be better. My $.02

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

why not take the Z71???

For what?

So the driver's and passenger's side move independantly of one another? If so, why not scoot up the passenger's side like you said and see if you can make enough room for both subs there- then use the driver's side for the port... space permitting of course.

But my vote: if you can't make the box optimum for two, then go with a big ported for the one. SQ and SPL will prob. be better. My $.02

Yes they move independently, thats the plan right now is to do one big ported box probably around 2 cubes, they recommend tuning to 30 hz so we shall see.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

There's a good picture of a single 10in. ported box like what they were describing on this page.

http://www.subthump.com/gmre.htm

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 weeks later...

I'll update even though i doubt i'll even cut a hole in the box since i just bought a car

boxhm5.jpg

thats a mock up, we took it back apart and used gorilla glue.

my first time using gorilla glue and let me tell you this, omg is that shit sick that wood won't budge at all and it was very flimsy with just screws

box2ve0.jpg

he had a table saw but he preferred cutting it his way :01nocomment8so:

no more pics, but if anyone is interested in the box it should fit a regular cab ranger behind the passenger seat, if you want it just pay for shipping and its yours, if not im gonna slam it with a sledge and see what the gorilla glue is made of.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

box2ve0.jpg

he had a table saw but he preferred cutting it his way :01nocomment8so:

Personally I trust almost trust that method more. It definitely comes in handy when you're cutting off a full 4x8 sheet and don't have another person to help you with the table saw. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner