Sonic Electronix

Okay so I went today and got 4 MTX Jackhammer 12's, and wired em all up to my power acoustik 3000W amp, i did it just like the guide that came with the speakers said to, wired at 1 ohm to all 4 speakers, well it worked great for about an hour then I was at my house making a video of my shit flexing and what not, and all of a sudden the bass cuts out and i look in the back and the amp is just billowing out smoke, and I have no clue why. So i was wondering if anyone could tell me why my amp burnt itself up.

I mean the subs were wangin perty hard, but i mean they werent stinkin or getting hot or anything so idk.

And i'm gonna get a new amp soon, so what would anyone reccomend for these subs, they are 250RMS 500Max, and SVC 4Ohm

I have a video but it;s taking forever to upload so ill put it up when its done.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

also I only had the gain turned 3/4 the way up, the bass boost turned half way up, and the sub sonic set at about 35Hz, everything else turned all the way down

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

not to dis that amp, but i love the power acoustik smaller amps. The under 2000 watt amps come with semi-appropriate fusing. According to the web the 3000D comes with 3 25 amp fuses. even at 14 volts, thats 1050 watts. at extreme efficiency. just no way it was gonna put out close to 1700 rms. so if you set the voltage for 1700 rms, then it was prolly super clipped. i would have thought the subs would have gone first. sorry, but thats all i can figure. unless your voltage took a dip

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I set the volatge for 1000 watts

And the engine wasnt running so that might have been it

Edited by e_train

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

did you check out the subs to make sure that a coil dident dead short? Also I know it wont produce 3K but what kind of wiring is going to the amp? 8 awg/4 awg/ 2 awg 0/awg? Lets say it is a 3K amp, then your sytem should consist of 1 large car audio battery in the front, and 2nd battery in the rear, 0 awg power from the front to back, 0 awg ground to the frame (at least) the big 3 upgrade, HO alternator. Having anything less is going to be hard on a 3K amp for it to produce power and will cause a lot of heat and the amp can cook itself to death. OR.... It could have just blown because its a power acoustic. im not an anyway slamming it so i hope you dont take that wrong, just saying ita a cheaply made amp that designed to hit a price point .

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

did you check out the subs to make sure that a coil dident dead short? Also I know it wont produce 3K but what kind of wiring is going to the amp? 8 awg/4 awg/ 2 awg 0/awg? Lets say it is a 3K amp, then your sytem should consist of 1 large car audio battery in the front, and 2nd battery in the rear, 0 awg power from the front to back, 0 awg ground to the frame (at least) the big 3 upgrade, HO alternator. Having anything less is going to be hard on a 3K amp for it to produce power and will cause a lot of heat and the amp can cook itself to death. OR.... It could have just blown because its a power acoustic. im not an anyway slamming it so i hope you dont take that wrong, just saying ita a cheaply made amp that designed to hit a price point .

I dont know if the coils dead shorted or not, but I have 4 gauge running frome the battery to amp, and from amp to frame, and its not got any extra batteries or HO alt. or anything cause i didnt figure i would need it since I know the amp isnt gonna produce anywhere near 3000W, and i know ur not slamming PA, hell i dont care i didnt really like it, i got it for hella cheap used and beaten, but i did notice that sometimes the subs would get quiter then hit hard again, but it looks like it burnt where the little black things (idk what they are), stretch from the board to the amp body, where they sit in the white lithium grease i think they are cooling things or something but 2 of them had alot of black stuff around them on the board and one of the hold downs for them was hella loose

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

why would you wang a system with the car off?

you probably blew it from under-volting

and are you sure that you set it for 1000w at 1 ohm? because those settings seem ridiculously high.

Edited by Krannyman92

I set the volatge for 1000 watts

And the engine wasnt running so that might have been it

I bet it dipped too low on the voltage, if you did set it for 1000 watts. what kind of battery do you have and how long was it going with the car off. i know my battery is crap, but it barely last 1 minute with the car off. then i gotta pray it starts.

Edited by hotshot27

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

IDK why, I wasnt thinking lol

But could I run a smaller amp say a RF 1000.1, safely without an extra battery or HO alt?

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

I bet it dipped too low on the voltage, if you did set it for 1000 watts. what kind of battery do you have and how long was it going with the car off. i know my battery is crap, but it barely last 1 minute with the car off. then i gotta pray it starts.

It prolly ran for maybe 6 minutes

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif