Sonic Electronix

I have lived, and now I have learned lol, and IDK if its at idle or not, i just looked it up on advanceautoparts.com, but yeah ima put up a WTB thread for a cheap battery, and i guess ill try and find a voltmeter from stinger or something, also what size battery should i get for my extra one?

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Okay so far this is the equipemnt ive selected for my electrical upgrade

-20ft Kicker 1/0AWG Power Wire - $69.99

-ANL Fuse holder for 1/0AWG wire - $24.99

-Kinetik HC600 - $109.99

Would this be enough, or would i need a bigger battery, and do you think this is decent pricing i wanna get it all from sonicelectronix.com, are they trustworthy?

and would i need a distro block for the battery? ive never added a battery to an audio system

Edited by e_train

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

Vid finally uploaded so yall can watch it, i forgot when you can actually see the amp smokin but here ya go

th_DSCN0255.jpg

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

WTF theres a chance the ground wire was touching the remote wire judging from that video. i would rack this one up to an equipment fail due to install/improper usage. end of story.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

WTF theres a chance the ground wire was touching the remote wire judging from that video. i would rack this one up to an equipment fail due to install/improper usage. end of story.

i cant even see a ground wire

LOL before I read these I was like WTF theres no ground. I like how you kept taping makes a good video to keep I prolly would ave dropped my camera.

Edit: Are those 2 in a sealed and the other two in a ported? I wanted to try this to see what the SQ would be but never have.

Edited by etaks_crew

LOL before I read these I was like WTF theres no ground. I like how you kept taping makes a good video to keep I prolly would ave dropped my camera.

Edit: Are those 2 in a sealed and the other two in a ported? I wanted to try this to see what the SQ would be but never have.

Yeah its two sealed, and two ported, thats all the boxes i had, but i mean it slams, even now with my 2 cheap ass 1000/2's on em but i mean with 2 sealed 2 ported it hits the highs hard as HELL, rattles everything in my 4 runner and like 5 feet around it, and the ported box helps it hit the lows like crazy, but im worried about smothering the 2 in the sealed, so i unno it sounds good for now and thank god for a 1 year warranty on the subs lol, and there was a ground but i ripped it out to cut the amp off it wouldnt cut off even with the radio off

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

also I only had the gain turned 3/4 the way up, the bass boost turned half way up, and the sub sonic set at about 35Hz, everything else turned all the way down

what do you mean everything else turned all the way down? not to kick you while you're down, but i hope you learned another valuable lesson in all of this. the GAIN IS NOT A VOLUME KNOB.

I would not be surprised if that amp put out full power less than half way up....any more than that = pure clip.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

Okay I got it dude, but when i said i had everything else all the way down, i meant like the LPF on the amp, not like the bass on the radio or anything, the bass on the radio was all the way down, but the Sub control was all the way up

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif