Typically when a mechanic says that you have miss, is referring to 1 or more pistons not firing in cycle. This could be cause by a bad spark plug/wires, maybe bad fuel/filter..etc. Typically its not a bad problem, but if not addresses, can lead into lots of expensive repairs.

Going off of what you say from a stop, it definately sounds like your miss needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell what the problem is, is that you need to have someone hook and ODB scanner to your vehicle and run some diagnostics. Also, have them keep the scanner plugged in as you recreate the problem from a stop. That should leave a code in your ECM/ECU, in which will help a mechanic fix the problem. You can go to places like Kragen, Autozone, etc, and they will run a free diagnostics.

Keeps us informed...we might even want to start another thread for this alone, so that we can get the problem resolved.

BTW, I never heard back from you on the model of that carb...did you figure out the choke on it?

kev

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Typically when a mechanic says that you have miss, is referring to 1 or more pistons not firing in cycle. This could be cause by a bad spark plug/wires, maybe bad fuel/filter..etc. Typically its not a bad problem, but if not addresses, can lead into lots of expensive repairs.

Going off of what you say from a stop, it definately sounds like your miss needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell what the problem is, is that you need to have someone hook and ODB scanner to your vehicle and run some diagnostics. Also, have them keep the scanner plugged in as you recreate the problem from a stop. That should leave a code in your ECM/ECU, in which will help a mechanic fix the problem. You can go to places like Kragen, Autozone, etc, and they will run a free diagnostics.

Keeps us informed...we might even want to start another thread for this alone, so that we can get the problem resolved.

BTW, I never heard back from you on the model of that carb...did you figure out the choke on it?

kev

what should u feel if the car missed ? does it jurk hard or shake or make a clicking noise ? i noticed his car has a lil click noise... a couple times a second at idle until he gives it gas then the click increases..

oh... that sucks... maybe one of the pistons is fucked up ? it isn't my car so i can't tell u whats actually happening... just trying to help a friend... he has a 88 Chevy Caprice with a new rebuilt engine... he fixed the carb problem "figured that it had an air leak" and when he took it to Precision Tuning they tuned his carb and said it was missing.... he told me about the problem and i knew u were the man that could help...

maybe it could be a fuel pump ?? idk i'm not all that savy with cars... maybe catalyic converter ?

i suggested a tune up and tried to give his carprice one but i didn't know how the wires shot... so i couldn't do it...

and getting an ODB is free from autozone ? i'll tell him that... thanks

Edited by Coolwazabi

what should u feel if the car missed ? does it jurk hard or shake or make a clicking noise ? i noticed his car has a lil click noise... a couple times a second at idle until he gives it gas then the click increases..

oh... that sucks... maybe one of the pistons is fucked up ? it isn't my car so i can't tell u whats actually happening... just trying to help a friend... he has a 88 Chevy Caprice with a new rebuilt engine... he fixed the carb problem "figured that it had an air leak" and when he took it to Precision Tuning they tuned his carb and said it was missing.... he told me about the problem and i knew u were the man that could help...

maybe it could be a fuel pump ?? idk i'm not all that savy with cars... maybe catalyic converter ?

i suggested a tune up and tried to give his carprice one but i didn't know how the wires shot... so i couldn't do it...

and getting an ODB is free from autozone ? i'll tell him that... thanks

Sorry dude...i've been swamped with friggin Daylight Savings Time crap.

So to answer your question...i wouldn't point at a piston being messed up at all. Typically a miss is usually fuel related, whether it be a bad spark plug, or just uneven fuel between the cyclinders. I would start by testing all of the plugs and plug wires.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

if it is missing i would change the plugs wires and change the fuel filter, also run some injector/fuel cleaner thru the gas tank. and yes it is free at autozone for them to hook it up to the lil scaner thing, but i am not sure if your year model caprice you are talking about has it, if it does you will see like a computer looking plug under the dash. In my 86 regal i had it was over by the hump for the tranny.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"