• 1 month later...
Guest Brett32324

u know anything about fixin up cars. i busted sum shit up on mine by the axel in the back. wheel whobbles n squeaks n clincks. i should really get it fixed but i aint payin a shop. u know of the part i mite need?

u know anything about fixin up cars. i busted sum shit up on mine by the axel in the back. wheel whobbles n squeaks n clincks. i should really get it fixed but i aint payin a shop. u know of the part i mite need?

year? make? model? rearend? please throw a bone...  ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

• 2 weeks later...

RFkickin -  First off, I gotta ask.  If you go out to the flattest, straightest road you can find and from a dead stop, put the hammer down.  I mean put your foot through the floor.  What are your shift points for every single gear?  Exluding final drive?  I'm guessing you have a 4 speed (with OD) 42re trans.  Can you do two runs for me.  First, lockout od, what are your shift points for:

1-2=

2-3=

3rd-lockup=

Then with OD engaged, what is your

1-2=

2-3=

3-lockup=

unlock-4=

4-lockup=

The easiest way to adjust shift points is by doing the following.  When you pop your hood, you'll have a roundish looking plastic box with 2-3 plastic rivets, this assembly will be connected to the throttle body assembly (mine was on the driver side).  When you pull the cover off of this plastic box, there will be a cable inside of it, with a retaining clip on it.  Before you do ANYTHING, mark where the cable is connected!!  This cable is actually how you adjust your shift points (its called a kickdown cable, or also called a throttle valve cable).  I'll see if I can't get you a picture of it, plus some info on which way the cable goes.  I'm about 98% positive, that if you pull the cable out, it will increase the rpm of your shift point.  Which means in your case, you'd want to push the cable in. 

But for the case of speed, you want your shift point before redline and right at the point where your power starts to hit the peak of the power band.

Kev

EDIT:  I went to go take a pic for you, spacing that I just swapped out for a manual, so I can't get you a pic without visiting a dealer.  Ok, I just flipped open my service manual, if you have a manual its on page 21-288 and it is as I thought, as you pull the cable, your shift points will increase in rpms, but only adjust 1mm at a time (Yes, I am serious, 1mm at a time).  PM me if you want me to scan some prints from my service manual for you.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD