Bout To Do The Big Three But Can I Ground Here?

Thanks a lot guys....i finally got my Big Three done. I just wanna show you guys how it turned out....check it out and let me know if there is anything wrong that you see. The only thing i need to do now is buy some protective sleeve for the wires so that they don't get so hot cuz they are right above the exaust manifold and radiator (but none of the wires are touching hot metal).

Also i have another question, what is the significance of add/replacing the power and ground that goes to the fuse box?

would this help also with sound system?

here are some pics of what i ended up doing as far as the big three....thanks to everybody for the help, especially Derrick824 for finding me a good engine block grounding spot.

I went at work to this this job because i don't have the right tools.

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

hey bro i see u have 1 wire going to alt to(+)battery and i see a other wire in the (-) side of the battery goin to chasis right?..but then i see i wire going down by the radiator fan..were is that wire connected to?.

hey bro i see u have 1 wire going to alt to(+)battery and i see a other wire in the (-) side of the battery goin to chasis right?..but then i see i wire going down by the radiator fan..were is that wire connected to?.

you are right.....batt (+pos) goin to alt; batt (-neg) goin to chassis juz about six inches to the right of the batt, the wire u see goin down kinda by the radioto ran is actually hooked to the engine block. It is pretty much the same where the alt is hooked up to only on the opposite side. so that's the third wire of the big three, batt (-neg) to that ground on the engine. Is this big three done right?

any good tips on what and where to buy as tubing for the wires for added protection? something that would help protect from excessive heat.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

and 1 more thing...you did your BIG III good... :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Oh thanks bro....but without you guys.....I would have fawkt up my shit or spend unneccessary money to some audio shop who did not even know what big three was. They were telling me to get herpes i mean caps.

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Oh thanks bro....but without you guys.....I would have fawkt up my shit or spend unneccessary money to some audio shop who did not even know what big three was. They were telling me to get herpes i mean caps.

haha true that bro...going to a audio shop will cost u a s*** load of money just for doin something easy and simple..but CAPS dont really work...i dont trust caps...i rather go with a BIG ALT or adding more battery's...

Yeah....may be in the future i will add batts and maybe even bigger alt. I've ask Ohio, excessiveamp,....and they said they currently don't have alt for my car cuz mine uses the "hairpin stator" alt. but my current stock alt is a 110amp or even a 130 amp so it's not too bad......yet.

My next stop is new batt under the hood. Are stinger batts are good, SP1000 to be exact? i've looked at kinetik HC1400 but it looks too tall for my car. what do u guys recommend for a good batt for audio but also good for starting the car?

by they way, if u haven't seen my set-up yet..here is what i got: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=25463

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit