Bout To Do The Big Three But Can I Ground Here?

I am about to do the big three upgrade. I got all the supply I need: 6' 1/0awg wire, fuse holder, 200amp fuse, and ring terminals. From what i know is that I need to run wire from alt to batt(pos), from batt(neg) to chassy, and from batt(neg) to engine block. But I am not sure if this is a good spot for grounding on the engine block. I pointed it out on my pics below. Will this be a good spot for grounding?

BigThree.jpg

There is an open hole here where I can easily run a ground to, but is this a good spot?

groundhere.jpg

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

I am about to do the big three upgrade. I got all the supply I need: 6' 1/0awg wire, fuse holder, 200amp fuse, and ring terminals. From what i know is that I need to run wire from alt to batt(pos), from batt(neg) to chassy, and from batt(neg) to engine block. But I am not sure if this is a good spot for grounding on the engine block. I pointed it out on my pics below. Will this be a good spot for grounding?

BigThree.jpg

There is an open hole here where I can easily run a ground to, but is this a good spot?

groundhere.jpg

is that really 1/0 gauge cable?..it looks kinda thin dnt u think?..dats wut i think but idk....i might be wrong...

If you really wanted too, Im sure you could, but it wouldnt be the best ground by looking at the plenum.

Id try to shoot for a better ground, something that bolts to the block like a alternator bracket or something of that nature.

Second. I don't know how good that ground is going through the aluminum intake and with the gaskets and bla bla bla.

There has got to be a better spot like audiofanatics said that is closer to the alt.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

This would be easy and accessible, take off the bolt (should be 14mm) sand around for good connection and your good to go:

groundhere2pr9.jpg

i was gonna say dat 2...lol

thats the shock tower he was asking about running a ground to the engine. i would run a ground to the engine block . how about the bolt on the alt bracket should work good.

Yeah you're right, i already have a spot for grounding it to the car/chassy. I heard about grounding to the bak of the alt but with my car, it looks difficult cuz its really tight around that area.

The wire is 1/0awg, by Tsunami. It is the same wire I have running to the trunk. Are they a pretty good brand when it comes to installation accessories?

Edited by honda

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

tsunami is good stuff. kinda pricey , but good quality. Also, yeah, try for a bolt on the engine block it self. Stay away from a exhaust manifold bolt, only cause of the excess heat, but keep lookin, maybe get on the ground and have a look around from the bottom. I actually followed my factory ground wire down and from under the FJ I saw where they bolted the ground right to the side of the block. Prolly a similar set up somewhere on your car...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties