Sundown Audio

Help With Finding An Amp.

Bills

i'm looking for one big amp or two medium amps that will bang the shit out of my two DC lvl 4's with the Dual 2ohm voice coils. first off. is there an amp that is .5 ohm stable? this is if i have the right electrical to help it. and two. if not. wil the RF T1k be enough to power the shit out of my subs if i get two of them and wire each sub to one ohm? or any other segustions would be awsome!!! thanks!!

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Guest aseanj52

How much are you looking to spend on the amps? Yes there are amps that are .5 ohm stable but i don't recommend it. Usually takes a huge toll on your electrical like you said you might not have strong enough. I have a great idea in mind just need to know how much you can spend.

Edited by aseanj52

i'm looking to keep it under 800 or so. but it depends on what i make durring school cause i'm going to start saving up a shit ton of money for this cause next year i wanna get in asmany comps as i can around NE and ya. I wanna try and get invited to world finals. ik this year they are in Omaha Nebraska so i might go down to check it out.

Bills

KwB

My experience with amps is rather limited, but I would like to voice my opinion anyway........

1) for ~600 bones you can find a US Amp MD3D 2000w RMS and underrated as people say. I have this on my 2 18" Loaded Fi BL's, very nice amp, and clean wattage!

2) The AudioQue line of amp people say are of excellent quality and affordable. They have a AQ1200D, which is 1200w RMS @ 1ohm which sells for $249, An AQ2200D, which is 2200w RMS @1ohm and sells for $389, and the big brother to them all the AQ3500D which is 3500w RMS @1ohm and I think it sells for $689???

These are my opinions, I enjoy my US Amp MD3D, and I like to support "mom and pop shops" so AudioQue get my vote there! Hope this was some assistance for you.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Guest aseanj52

I've got to just put it out there. Zx2500.1 at 2 ohm. Shit is loud. My boy has 2 LV4 18's on a Zx2500. And was very clean and loud. Box was massive at that but it still managed to play quicker bass notes.

Course id you can afford it i always will say DD M3. See if you can find one cheap. It does 2600 at 1 Ohm i believe and i have personally see them run at 1/4 ohm for about an hour before getting to hot. And going into protect.

The ZX 2500.1 at 2 ohm

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by aseanj52

ok, i'm looking around the net for some shit andya. found this... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9356_H...V-COLOSSUS.html ... any one know much about it. like if it is somthing worth looking into?

thoes audioque amps look nice. im kinda looking at that AQ2200D

Bills

KwB

ok, i'm looking around the net for some shit andya. found this... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9356_H...V-COLOSSUS.html ... any one know much about it. like if it is somthing worth looking into?

thoes audioque amps look nice. im kinda looking at that AQ2200D

Bills

DJ (AudioQue owner) will have those amps in tomorrow at some point. Price will still be 389 shipped.

DJ (AudioQue owner) will have those amps in tomorrow at some point. Price will still be 389 shipped.

that sounds really good. are they over/underrated at all? and do do they have 1/o wire terminals?

Bills

KwB

I would say Kicker 2500.1 or the stetsom 2k6d

a member is selling the stetsom bnib for $625 shipped and several members are selling kx and zx2500.1s

Link for 2k6d CLICK!

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

that sounds really good. are they over/underrated at all? and do do they have 1/o wire terminals?

Bills

Dont have first hand knowledge with the AQ amps, I only know what I have read about them..... People have benched them, they put out more then rated @ 14.4, no worries there. Search google for "AQ2200D" and you will see some damn good posts pop up. They are 1/0ga power, and ground connections.