Second Skin Audio

2 Btl's Or 4 Mtx 9500's

Yo, what up guys..... Brand new to the forum but been lingering around for quite some time.

Anyway, thinking of getting rid of my 3 12'' 9500's that i have in my chevy avalanche and going with 2 18'' BTL's. But yesterday got offered a good deal an other 9500. So now thinking of just going with 4. I'm pushing them with 2 MTX8100 birthed at a little more 1900rms each. Gonna use the same amps if I do go with the BTLs.

What do you guys think?????? Just looking for loud A$$ music bumpin.

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

Yo, what up guys..... Brand new to the forum but been lingering around for quite some time.

Anyway, thinking of getting rid of my 3 12'' 9500's that i have in my chevy avalanche and going with 2 18'' BTL's. But yesterday got offered a good deal an other 9500. So now thinking of just going with 4. I'm pushing them with 2 MTX8100 birthed at a little more 1900rms each. Gonna use the same amps if I do go with the BTLs.

What do you guys think?????? Just looking for loud A$$ music bumpin.

What's up and Welcome,

I think either way you go would be LOUD!!! How loud were the 3 12s? Vidz?

1996 DCM Impala SS

(2) JL 13W7s

(2) 1000/1s

(1) 450/4

1971 Caprice 406 SBC

SAZ-4500D

(2) Fi BTL 18s

What's up and Welcome,

I think either way you go would be LOUD!!! How loud were the 3 12's Vidz?

Never got metered but going off from what some of my friends have metered at, my best guess would be some where in the low to mid 140's. And that did actually hurt my ear.

Team Bass-Hz

id get the BTL's as im not real impressed with mtx's product

From what I have read you're not a big fan of the BTL either. What else would you recomend, stayng in the BTL pirce range?I've also been looking into the DC level 5 (18'').

Team Bass-Hz

im just not a spl sub lover, but the BTL imo does have alot more going for it then the mtx. you asked betwee nthe 2 so i figured id answer

the level 5 i havent had any hands on time with so i have no opinion on that but for the price of 2 btl 18s you can get 4 15s of a lesser sub

Archived