DC Sound Lab

lots of watts going to that 600rms sub...any details on your install?

would love to see pics if you got them.

I have the "spl coils" aka the 2 ohm coils and I do not have pics yet. I am running it sealed in a 1.12 cubic foot box and it is being ran by 2 Zed Audio Minliths. I have orion old school hcca components in front and back which are 2 ohms as well. For those I am running Zed Audio Gladius' with the BB upgrade. and I have an Alpine 9885 HU with an ipod for storage. I have buttloads of Second skin damplifier and overkill and a second battery in back too. That is about it. I do not usually like to show pictures due to the way people on other forums have tended to comment. The same people that have no install skill or systems themselves. I do not necessarily want pics of my stuff on the Internet. maybe some time I will take pics and put them up every now and then. D

well sounds like you have some solid equipment. i havent heard of SPL coils on a lvl 3 though.

and dont be bashful i only bash people who have no business touching audio :)

Edited by Accordman

and dont be bashful i only bash people who have no business touching audio :)

I am an old school audio addict. :-) I was into competing heavily in the 90's. I have almost always done my own stuff because I am too tight to pay someone and besides that they dont do it specifically my way. you know.....perfect. D

hmm maybe he puts lvl 4 coils in them like he puts lvl 5 coils in the lvl 4s. either way sounds like you have a nice little build there

Thank you very much.

I know it works perfectly for me.

I just need to buy 2 more Miniliths and get the other sub back in.

Edited by Dr. Johnson

how do you like them Minilithes?

Ive always thought about them, the power to watt ratio, the features, and of course the Man Stephen, really knows his sht about amps

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.