Sundown Audio

Zx2500.1 X 8?

Tub Asko

I see a lot of SPL vehicles and whatnot with rows of amps. But I rarely see a set of ZX2500.1s. Are these amps just not efficent or what? I know the thing about them not dropping to 1 ohm well would hold them back but still a quality amp. I'm planning on running 8 of these on 8 lvl 5 12s eventually (hopefully by late 09). I really don't want to swap amps because I love this one to death but I'm open to suggestions also!

What say you fellas?

I have not used one personally but I can't find any reason why it wouldn't be a good choice.

Its got the power it is efficient and it seems to me a decent amount of people are running them.

If used propperly it seems that people are pulling off running them at 1 ohm especially for burps with out major issues.

I really can't think of any real down sides to that amp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I see a lot of SPL vehicles and whatnot with rows of amps. But I rarely see a set of ZX2500.1s. Are these amps just not efficent or what? I know the thing about them not dropping to 1 ohm well would hold them back but still a quality amp. I'm planning on running 8 of these on 8 lvl 5 12s eventually (hopefully by late 09). I really don't want to swap amps because I love this one to death but I'm open to suggestions also!

What say you fellas?

I think the main problem is that they would have to run alot of them for the power that they need, and dont want to have to match all the gains. instead they just run less more powerful amps.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I think the main problem is that they would have to run alot of them for the power that they need, and dont want to have to match all the gains. instead they just run less more powerful amps.

If you like Kicker and have the money to purchase that many ZX2500.1s you might actually be a perfect canidate to try out acouple of Warhorses.

From another thread on here they are going for alot less than the $10,000 MSRP from authorized dealers.

No I'm not joking one bit.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

If you like Kicker and have the money to purchase that many ZX2500.1s you might actually be a perfect canidate to try out acouple of Warhorses.

From another thread on here they are going for alot less than the $10,000 MSRP from authorized dealers.

No I'm not joking one bit.

I can get 8 zx2500.1s for the price of 1 warhorse

but taking that into consideration I may have to pick up a warhorse (or 2 :hairtrick: )

Edited by Tub Asko

I can get 8 zx2500.1s for the price of 1 warhorse

You can get a total of 8 ZX2500.1s for less than $6,000 to $7,000.

You must be kissing someones ass. :D Just playin

Terryswork001.png

You can get a total of 8 ZX2500.1s for less than $6,000 to $7,000.

You must be kissing someones ass. :D Just playin

$6040 for 8 new off ebay. I bet its cheaper if you know a dealer

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER