Second Skin Audio

Fi.ssd Or Alpine Type X?

New member here and i have to say great site EVERYONE!! i have a 95 yukon 2 door and i cant decide on either 2 FI.SSD 12's or 2 apline type x 12's they will be in a 4 cubic foot ported single side slot vent that fits perfect in the back .. power wise i have a single kole audio 4000d which is rated at 1200 rms @ 4ohms but will be more likely run in a single ohm load with either of these which it is rated at 2200rms... an my music tastes include some hard rock with lots of kick drum heavy and alot of bass heavy rap and techno.. and THANK YOU for any advise in advance on helping swaying my purchase

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

New member here and i have to say great site EVERYONE!! i have a 95 yukon 2 door and i cant decide on either 2 FI.SSD 12's or 2 apline type x 12's they will be in a 4 cubic foot ported single side slot vent that fits perfect in the back .. power wise i have a single kole audio 4000d which is rated at 1200 rms @ 4ohms but will be more likely run in a single ohm load with either of these which it is rated at 2200rms... an my music tastes include some hard rock with lots of kick drum heavy and alot of bass heavy rap and techno.. and THANK YOU for any advise in advance on helping swaying my purchase

ALSO which options r a must have for the FI.SSDs'

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

ALSO which options r a must have for the FI.SSDs'

well i would say the SSD's are nice woofers an they are a great SQ woofer as im sure u know i would say SSD's with copper coil an BP power thats only cause i never delt with any alpine but see what others have to say who no alot more then i do about both woofers as far as i no there both pretty good but i like the SSD's

I AM GAY. MY FATHERS COCK IS IN MY ASS RIGHT NOW!

"I talk shit from the safety of my house"

The SSD I had was bone stock... and I loved its sound and could also get very loud.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Thank you guys for such a fast responce ... so whats the difference from the flat voice coil vs. the copper ... and what is the bp power option? i seem to have missed that on fi's web site

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Thank you guys for such a fast responce ... so whats the difference from the flat voice coil vs. the copper ... and what is the bp power option? i seem to have missed that on fi's web site

well from what i here the copper is for more daily an music an flat is for more power handling an im not really 100& sure on BP power i read something about it but i forgot im sorry man

EDITP: 100%

Edited by ficaraudio789

still thanx copper it is ... so 4 cubic foot box with a single slot port work for the ssd'zzzz

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

still thanx copper it is ... so 4 cubic foot box with a single slot port work for the ssd'zzzz

yes that will be nice an the BP power is this is what i read on Fi's site

adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack.

All of these new features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application.