southern_pokey - I wouldn't screw around with aftermarket cables.  Brakes are a pretty important item to have.  I'd go to either an autoparts store or a dealer and just purchase the cable that is meant for your vehicle.  This is a common problem for trucks and the cable if fairly cheap.  I think the last one I purchased was under $25.  Plus if you get the cable that is meant for your truck, it will have the connectors already for you to put in place.

For my truck, all you have to do is get underneath it the driver door and there is a screw on connector.  Pop the old connector off, pop the new cable in place.  use some electrical tape to tape the old broken cable to the  new on and pull the old one out, which pulls the new on in place.  Put the new cable on your brake release and adjust it.  It's really simple.

I'm not to familiar with your make/model of truck, but it can't be much different, pm me if you have any questions.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

yeah your on the right track, them T connectors are easy to swap.  Just make sure your truck is on flat ground and you got a piece of wood or something behind your tires to keep your ride from rolling.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Yeah, the first couple times I drove it after the cable snapped I forgot not to set the e-brake. And I was always on a slight hill. Not only did that damn pedal smack my elbow, but the truck also tried to roll on me.  :poster_oops: