Thats not true at all

1) subsonic filter

2) dont play 20hz test tones

3) dont play with the bass after installed and tuned correctly

and the subs wont break, if ANYTHINg they will blow, big difference there

Ive tuned many boxes pretty high, even done a 60hz 6cf box for 1-12" huge port area, played it daily, gave it to a friend, he played it daily, same sub for another 6 months or so, and it sounded good with all music, ofcourse lows are not as solid as if it was tuned to 30-40hz, and I know I never used a subsonic filter on it, and dont think my buddy did either

but Iam sure if we had some series power to that sub and box, then yeah, would be issues with the sub getting to much excursion

true true, tuning 40-45hz is where the impact is. tested all fi subwoofer in 40-45hz. dang still loud enough.

Distributor of:FIAASUNDOWN PhilippinesPhataudio "mine is louder than yours"

no offense to anyone, but I would listen to Nick, the man knows his shit more than anyone I have ever seen, ( he does work for Fi I think he knows alittle bit about those woofers)

nice looking build you have going, cant wait to see the full build

im tuned in... looking forward to seeing where this goes.. what body style focus is this going into lol? hopefully a hatch or... station wagon?

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

no offense to anyone, but I would listen to Nick, the man knows his shit more than anyone I have ever seen, ( he does work for Fi I think he knows alittle bit about those woofers)

nice looking build you have going, cant wait to see the full build

X2!!!

From my experience with the Qs, they love LOW tuning!! I wouldn't go higher than 32hz myself with those subs!

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Thats not true at all

1) subsonic filter

2) dont play 20hz test tones

3) dont play with the bass after installed and tuned correctly

and the subs wont break, if ANYTHINg they will blow, big difference there

Ive tuned many boxes pretty high, even done a 60hz 6cf box for 1-12" huge port area, played it daily, gave it to a friend, he played it daily, same sub for another 6 months or so, and it sounded good with all music, ofcourse lows are not as solid as if it was tuned to 30-40hz, and I know I never used a subsonic filter on it, and dont think my buddy did either

but Iam sure if we had some series power to that sub and box, then yeah, would be issues with the sub getting to much excursion

Just a little heads up that is Nick, technically he is an employee of FI car audio and knows his shit when it comes to their product. I would take what he says as correct.

teamsundown-1.jpg

whos Nick?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ndmstang = nick

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived