ahhh

we he didnt say much

all I was saying was you you change the envirnment a speaker/box is in everything changes

say you have a 1cf box tuned to 30 hz, you throw it in burban you have a descent little SQ sub

throw that same sub, same evrything in a mini cooper, everything about the way it sound changes

the cabins F3 raises, max db goes up, electrical charicteristics change on the sub do to the more smaller environment that subwoofer is in

so those subs maybe in a excursion tuned to 40hz may blow the subs, but in a small compact car, with alot less internal air space everything goes upwards, not downwards

the whole car acts like a bandpass, infact in this case a dual parralell bandpass box

tuning low is great for the sound, and air movement, but it is different in different cars

and honestly Iam not familiar with Fi subs hands on, but all my years of building subs, and doing in car testing, I have never blown a sub for tuning it a tad higher than recommended

and Iam not steping on toes, or talking sht at all, Iam just defending what I say, because there is more to box building, and sub thiel small specs than to say they only work right if tuned at 30hz

I just dont think they will "break" a few hz more than recommended

but I would say there would be major issues if there was no subsonic filter, no kind of equalization, and power outside of recommended

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ndmstang = nick

Like I said, no offense to anyone, but the man is brillaintly smart, I could only dream of knowing what that man knows, I have nothing but Extreme amounts of respect for his knowledge and dedication to the car audio world.

if you really want to learn about Subwoofers, hit up Ca.com and do a search on his name, he straight up schooooools people with his knowledge

now back on topic, when will we get to see more of this Build??

ok we'll try it, but already made the box. oh by the way i already test the difference of a box tune to 35-40 and 40-42hz. i'll just update you all thanks for the comment

Distributor of:FIAASUNDOWN PhilippinesPhataudio "mine is louder than yours"

There may be some issue with them subs being a high QTS design, since you built the box already, re calculate the boxes individually with 1 layer of MDF added inside the port, see what tuning is brought down to

if the guy says for that particular design the subs should be tuned lower, try it, see what the numbers end up being

atleast you may be able to meet the reccomended tuning and what you already have half way

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

you said the lady like to listen to lil jon ..... his songs hit pretty low man. im not sure the high tune will give you the bottom end you want as far as throw it up goes, cause that things peaks on the middle and third note at like 34 hertz.

that could be wrong but i think im close, maybe bigpimpin91 can chime in.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

you said the lady like to listen to lil jon ..... his songs hit pretty low man. im not sure the high tune will give you the bottom end you want as far as throw it up goes, cause that things peaks on the middle and third note at like 34 hertz.

that could be wrong but i think im close, maybe bigpimpin91 can chime in.

let the man do his work. david said he knows wuts wut

loox great man. its gonna bang

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

let the man do his work. david said he knows wuts wut

loox great man. its gonna bang

nobody was talking about what david said or even what nick said.

i was commenting on what djphatbone said about her liking to listen to lil jon ...... so stfu!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg