Second Skin Audio

Enclousre For 1 Fi Bl 18''

bray

My Friend has a 98 Camry and just bought an FI BL 18'' Loaded. Having some problems on deciding what measurements to use.

If anyone can help on how many cubes to make a box for a single Bl 18'' and how many hz to tune it to it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

google is a powerful tool. our noob status doesnt help either. but hey, we gotta start somewhere =]

the bl's like 5-8 cubic feet and i would definately tune them according to what music you play. you dont want to over tune them, because thats the last thing you would want. im still learning, but i wouldnt do anything lower/higher than 28-37Hz myself. optimum is around 32Hz for the BTL, not sure about the Bl 100%

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

on their webstie it does say that the BL needs i think now dont quote me but i "think"37-38 hz

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

My Friend has a 98 Camry and just bought an FI BL 18'' Loaded. Having some problems on deciding what measurements to use.

If anyone can help on how many cubes to make a box for a single Bl 18'' and how many hz to tune it to it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

depends on power for box size?

bls like 5-7cuft, id stay away from 8 unless its really low power

tuning can be 30-37hz.... daily 31-35 sounds best

daily or competing?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

depends on power for box size?

bls like 5-7cuft, id stay away from 8 unless its really low power

tuning can be 30-37hz.... daily 31-35 sounds best

daily or competing?

this is for daily only,

my friend just ordered the Crunch P1500.1 Amp to power the Bl

well camrys peak around 38-40 if i remember so ud benefit from tuning around 31-33hz

ur giving the bl full power and its got a stiffer suspension with the bp option so stick close to 6-6.5cuft w/ 12-14sqin port per cuft.... anything more and itll get sloppy and wont cool as much since the woofer wont need to move as much as it would in a smaller enclosure.... but youll be sacrificing a higher spl# for better sq... which is worth it in a daily driver

my .02cents but ive only done 1 18 bl in two different boxes

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived