Second Skin Audio

Will Making A New Sub Enclosure Increase My Output?

honda

I currently have two diamond audio D6 12" in an box I built according to enclosure plan provided by Diamond Audio which is right here:

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/current/Wi...edEnclosure.pdf

The subs are currently getting 600Wrms which is their full potential (in power) and diamond said their box is tuned at 36hz-40hz. The diamond box is aimed more towards SQ i think and i kinda wanna lean a little more towards SPL. I am planning on building a new box and put the subs in single chamber, increase the box volume a little bit and raise the tuning to ~45hz.

-Will this help with the output?

-How bad will this affect the SQ?

Can any body help me design one? (i've been practicing with all the port calculators and sketchup but i still don't feel confident and kinda confuse)

btw....my aimed box dimension will be 14h x 19d x 32w. It's going to a 2006 ACCord (trunk).

Thank you.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Archived