Im going to try to glue it back together with some duramix 40/40...we will see how it works out...upon further inspection the spider is seperated from the spider landing and also from the cone...but the coil is fine...ill see how it works out..if not ill find somewhere that can recone it hopefully...

xa-1.gif

rockford doesnt have them. i asked "thedave" sometime last year and he has they havent had them for about 2 years now. theres a guy on ebay though with recones for the newer 10s and 12s. maybe send him a pm? i know thats where iso bought the ones he reconed the woofers i sold him ;)

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

He only has the 10 inch and 8 inch left. Nothing else.

My recone job didn't take. I reconed them perfect but the glue did not adhere to the Santoprene rubber surround.

The spiders are solid but the surround is not attached. I still have a 50% chance of finishing the job rite if I could find something to adhere to the Santoprene.

Rockford and Kicker will not come off their secrets about their special glues so I don't know what to do next.

I had them playing till they came apart.

So just a warning its really hard to find something to adhere to Santoprene.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

If not i can send it to the speaker repair facility in orlando thats ran by eminence and hopefully they can do something for me...if not...well i got a old blown sub...lol

contact the Guys over at Cactus Sounds, I know they can recone that woofer

http://www.cn-cactus-sounds.com/home.htm

good luck with it.

He only has the 10 inch and 8 inch left. Nothing else.

My recone job didn't take. I reconed them perfect but the glue did not adhere to the Santoprene rubber surround.

The spiders are solid but the surround is not attached. I still have a 50% chance of finishing the job rite if I could find something to adhere to the Santoprene.

Rockford and Kicker will not come off their secrets about their special glues so I don't know what to do next.

I had them playing till they came apart.

So just a warning its really hard to find something to adhere to Santoprene.

ca glue wont hold?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ca glue wont hold?

I didn't try the CA glue I tryed something from another sub, amp manufacture.

Rockford didn't use CA glue either.

From my research it doesn't look like CA glue will work with Santoprene but I am willing to try it anyway.

I'll have to get ahold of Groundpounder and order some.

Ya the research on Santoprene was shitty. Its a high quality material but is very,very picky with what you can use it with.

If the dust caps weren't glue on, it woudn't be a big deal but I built the whole sub so I will just have to glue the surround down and try and keep things centered.

Its some mean ass adhesive I have, it just dosen't like Santoprene.

I haven't givin up yet chevyboy.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png