Need Some Help With A Box Design

My system is in a 96 standard cab tacoma.

Box Dimensions are 54'' Wide, 9 Inches deep on the bottom X 5 inches deep on the top, 18'' Tall. The box is sealed, with 1/2lb- 1lb of poly fill in it, and the tuning is a little higher that what I want. What I'd like to do is make another box ported and tuned between 32-35 Hertz. The new dimensions I want are 54'' Wide, 9 inches deep on the bottom, 4 inches deep on the top, 24'' tall with 1 4'' aero port going out the left and right side.

I'm running 2 12'' kicker cvrs off a KX1000.1 running @ 1 ohm, 4 gauge wiring, big 3, 2 farad cap installed (Kinetic HC600 on the way).

My goal in this project is to gain a few DB and hit some lows. I talked to team Bassick Alpine and he said I was probably somewhere in the high 30's low 40's for DB. I haven't actually metered it, but when I do if I can hit a 143+ with the equipment I have I'd be happy.

Any suggestions as far as tuning goes? Am I on the right track? Is there a free program out there that will help me figure out the sizes of all the pieces I need to cut and the angles needed, as its a wedge box.

If anybody wants to sketch up the new design or offer some programs that will help me figure out what I need to do for tuning and box design, it would help out a lot. I've searched around and tried to sketch up my own design, but I usually just waisted time. Most the box building programs don't support wedge designs.

Pictures will come within the next couple of days.

Thanks for any advice.

If anybody wants to sketch up the new design or offer some programs that will help me figure out what I need to do for tuning and box design, it would help out a lot. I've searched around and tried to sketch up my own design, but I usually just waisted time. Most the box building programs don't support wedge designs.

Well you can use google sketchup, Bass box pro 6 and winisd. I think they are all free trial downloads from google. I still have the ones I got a month ago you get like 20 free hours or whatever. More than enough time to do one box

1996 4Runner

Orion Components

Clif 20.2

EA Alt 200 amps, hope to get some batteries soon

Nightshade 18's 3000ds soon to have 3500s

and 2 powermaster D2700s

I tried out Google Sketch up a couple months ago. It was a FAIL. Spent a good hour and a half on it and got no where.

Bass Box pro 6 isn't free, I can DL torrents but don't really want to deal with it... Theres gotta be something free that can help me get dimensions.

WinISD doesn't have Kicker CVRs in the program. Not sure if its really a box designer, but I downloaded it and checked it out. May help for certain applications, but doesn't seem to be right for mine.

what about the good old REbox calculator? it works great for slot ports after that all I can tell you is to go to RCBenclosures.com and get them to design one for you fro $20.

1996 4Runner

Orion Components

Clif 20.2

EA Alt 200 amps, hope to get some batteries soon

Nightshade 18's 3000ds soon to have 3500s

and 2 powermaster D2700s

WinISD doesn't have Kicker CVRs in the program. Not sure if its really a box designer, but I downloaded it and checked it out. May help for certain applications, but doesn't seem to be right for mine.

If you have the prarameters for your woofer you can input them in. Go to Utilities> Database Maintenance> When you see the DriverEditor window, go to the bottom and click "New" Then input the driver's name, and parameters and hit save. It will appear in the "Own Drivers" selection instead of the "Program Database" I had to do this just to experiment with Re Audio's xxx15. Be careful with volume calculation when changing the size of the box. It will only show the Optimum volume, but will allow measuments on SPL using other box sizes...

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...