Upgrade In Power.

I have 2 07 15" L7 kickers running off of a Brutus 2607D amp in a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo with I assume a stock 136 amp alt..it looks pretty good to me

DSC01429.jpg

Also a yellowtop under the hood...relatively small one though..

I'm upgrading with the Big 3 and an Hc800 kinetik...will this be enough to sufficiently power my system without destroying the alt...

right now in this setup without the big 3 upgrade my lights dim pretty hard, and the voltage drops bad..

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

I have 2 07 15" L7 kickers running off of a Brutus 2607D amp in a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo with I assume a stock 136 amp alt..it looks pretty good to me

DSC01429.jpg

Also a yellowtop under the hood...relatively small one though..

I'm upgrading with the Big 3 and an Hc800 kinetik...will this be enough to sufficiently power my system without destroying the alt...

right now in this setup without the big 3 upgrade my lights dim pretty hard, and the voltage drops bad..

Alternator should be fine with the HC800.

I would suggest doing a couple things before you install your HC800 and big 3.

1) Make sure all your grounds are touch bare, unpainted, non- corroded metal

2) Solder up all your connections

By doing so you're insuring the best possible connections. This should help your voltage a little. Test it on a multimeter before and after on the same songs.

Do the big 3, make sure all grounds are touching bare metal and all ends are soldered. Test it before and after.

I bet just by making better grounds and doing the big 3, you'll notice a pretty substantial difference in dimming. Then once you put the HC800 in SQ and power increases because voltage doesn't drop, or it drops a lot less.

You are completely right, I'll sand my current ground which is definately on the body..but the metal is bare so I'm not sure how much better of a connection I'll get..thank you for the advice I'll make sure and do that...just want to do it right..make sure it lasts a few more years if I need it to..

You are completely right, I'll sand my current ground which is definately on the body..but the metal is bare so I'm not sure how much better of a connection I'll get..thank you for the advice I'll make sure and do that...just want to do it right..make sure it lasts a few more years if I need it to..

The extra battery will help, but it will only reduce voltage drop, not eliminate it. An alternator that produces more current at idle speeds would increase the voltage under a load, and would ultimately allow the amplifier to produce more wattage. I would be willing to bet that you still have noticable headlight dimming after the Big 3 and battery upgrade.

But there are others with a similar setup that claim no dimming with what they have...I havn't done the big 3, my wire is like..8 gauge on that.....it takes two of those to equal 1 1/0 to my eye...

So I have a feeling my alt will be doing its true potential with this upgrade....There might be a little voltage drop but not that much, the pauses in the songs will allow for a recharge...hell at full blast now it's dropping voltage quick but some songs such as the first song off the snowman cd, I can blast loud as fuck and the voltage drops a little at a time, enough that I can tell a big 3 would stop that completely...

H/o is next..I hear adding a battery is ALOT better than not adding one and big 3...I've been slamming this system for a year now...with the voltage drops...not safe I know but eh...

But there are others with a similar setup that claim no dimming with what they have...I havn't done the big 3, my wire is like..8 gauge on that.....it takes two of those to equal 1 1/0 to my eye...

So I have a feeling my alt will be doing its true potential with this upgrade....There might be a little voltage drop but not that much, the pauses in the songs will allow for a recharge...hell at full blast now it's dropping voltage quick but some songs such as the first song off the snowman cd, I can blast loud as fuck and the voltage drops a little at a time, enough that I can tell a big 3 would stop that completely...

H/o is next..I hear adding a battery is ALOT better than not adding one and big 3...I've been slamming this system for a year now...with the voltage drops...not safe I know but eh...

takes about 4 -6 runs of 8 ga to equal 1/0. go as big as you can on that big 3 potna

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived