i've never really had a set of rim before first of all. i was talking to this guy at the rim shop and he asked whether my 2004 Expedition was a 2 or 4 wheel drive. I told him it was a 2. so i picked out some rims that i liked and he came with two difference price, one for a 2 and one for a 4 wheel drive. for some reason the 2 wheel drive was more. now the question is what's the difference in a 2 vs 4 wheel drive rim?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

what the? i dont think it makes a difference whether your truck is 2wd or 4wd it probably is that the tires/wheels are a different size on the 2wd drive than the 4wd but im no expert on this subject but ive never heard of 2wd rims and 4wd rims

someone correct me if im wrong

that dude was yankin your chain! the differance would be offset... and thats only if the front end is lifted, other than that he was definately yankin your chain!!! ive been in this industry for close to 10 years.... the wheel should cost the same if its the same size width nor offset make a differrance!  :D BTW please post up who and where that bizzness is so we can give all our brothers on this sight a heads up...  ;D

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

what the? i dont think it makes a difference whether your truck is 2wd or 4wd it probably is that the tires/wheels are a different size on the 2wd drive than the 4wd but im no expert on this subject but ive never heard of 2wd rims and 4wd rims

someone correct me if im wrong

nah! your right on the money bro! the only reason you might need a more positive offset would be if you had aftermarket knuckles/spindles... that is all.  :matrix: 

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

yeh i went by there yesterday and he said it was the offset. my homie has some 22's (only had for three months and brand new .... selling to me for $1200). but they are on a 2001 Chevy Surburban 4wd and my truck is a 04 Ford Expedition 2wd.  now both of our trucks are six lugs. but hey i'm learning.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

yeh i went by there yesterday and he said it was the offset. my homie has some 22's (only had for three months and brand new .... selling to me for $1200). but they are on a 2001 Chevy Surburban 4wd and my truck is a 04 Ford Expedition 2wd.  now both of our trucks are six lugs. but hey i'm learning.

the lug pattern of the chevy is 6 on 5.5.... the pattern on the ford is 6 on 135mm.... wont work either!  :'(

well that's it for those rims. i knew should have gotten a chevy.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

well i caught my ford at a good price, i still love her, she has more room than the tahoe for sure

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.