What Do You Think?

jhmeg2

Hey ptcary... I read your build... nice. I dig those pillars, I want to do some but just scared to fuk em up... In the past I havent had the best luck with glass and plastic together, glass... no problem, but throw in the plactic, and it likes to peal and junk... not good.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Hey ptcary... I read your build... nice. I dig those pillars, I want to do some but just scared to fuk em up... In the past I havent had the best luck with glass and plastic together, glass... no problem, but throw in the plactic, and it likes to peal and junk... not good.

Thanks, but don't be afraid to try, those pillars were my first experience with fiberglass work too, except for the inside walls of my sub enclosure. You can always get a set of replacement pillars and go back to stock if something goes wrong! :P

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks, but don't be afraid to try, those pillars were my first experience with fiberglass work too, except for the inside walls of my sub enclosure. You can always get a set of replacement pillars and go back to stock if something goes wrong! :P

I'm ok with glass work, its the getting it to adhear to the plactic thats got me, and if I can not have to buy new pillars, great, unless u gots a good job, cause its hard to buy pillars if you aint gots no J O B... :censored:

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I'm ok with glass work, its the getting it to adhear to the plactic thats got me

According to the glass experts around here, you drill holes all around the perimeter of the a-pillar, and when you resin it, get the resin to run through the fabric and through all the holes that you drilled, and that holds it together.

Mine seems ok so far. I have 3 screws holding the glass to the plastic pillar.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

well if I can figure out how to get a new ( new to me , not NEW) ride, I will be doing pillars. thanks for the info.

OiRYFHf.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

howd you make that kind of a t-line? nice ass box too

I put the wood on a set of saw horses, marked the wood where I needed to cut it, cut, glued and nailed the wood together in a box type shape..... sorry I'm a smart ass. what do you mean how did i that kind of t-line? I don't think I understand the question :fool: I just woke up, still kinda DEE DEE DEE

OiRYFHf.png

• 7 months later...

hey everyone jhmeg2 is a scientist when it comes to car systems lol he began building the box and amp rack b4 he even purchased his truck and that setup was a loud as fock groundpoundr you heard and felt him comin for a good while.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• 4 weeks later...

I like the fiberglass box you got there and of course everything else in the car lol.

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

Archived