03 Silverado Singlecab 4x4 First Fiberglass Enclosure

• 1 month later...

So I haven't been online as much lately, and truth be told I've just been way too damn busy. I still plan on finishing this build thread, as I still plan on actually finishing the build itself. I've decided on the kicker QS components in my doors, with glassed tweeters on the A-pillars, that being because best buy is now carrying kicker. :clapping:

http://www.kicker.com/qs_components

Haven't had the spare funds just yet to buy them, but I've got a gallon of B-440 resin sitting in the shop right now just waiting to get used. The good thing is, no I haven't been slacking off on my mobile electronics hobby, infact I've gotten into it that so I'm now on the payroll as an installer. 8) It's the most bad ass feeling having a crate of zipties at your disposal when installing...

Just got this for my tools at work which took an unexpected bite out of my wallet...

0708001437.jpg

Sure it's no snap-on, but it'll get the job done for now.

Pretty excited about getting my MECP certification paid for today as well. Passed all 5 sections with flying colors. :D Now it's all about getting some money built up to buy the components and finishing the stereo! After that I think an upgrade to the viper 5901 is in order as well. One mile range and rechargeable remote sounds like a hell of a deal.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 months later...

Finally got some new updates.

Ready for components finally.

0915002224.jpg

Kicker QS 6.5" component set.

0916002135.jpg

They'll be powered by 2ch. 200W orion which I'm still debating on how to mount. A new battery will be in order before both amps are running at the same time. I'm thinking an optima as primary with the factory battery isolated to ignition so that I can run the radio at parties and the lake while still having a fresh charge on the isolated batt.

0916002129.jpg

I'm hoping they make a nice addition to the build. Tweets glassed into the A-pillar, Mid's in the door. Sub amp is in the process of getting rebuilt as of right now, and the DC's are in desperate need of a re-cone. But it's slowly but surely a progess after so long.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 1 month later...

Got some updates folks.

I present the tortoise.

0922002339.jpg

I'm considering swapping this out in the near for a 4 channel to control the tweets and mids separately...

Tweeter rings.

0923000054.jpg

0923000054a.jpg

0925001843.jpg

0928000356.jpg

0928001433.jpg

0930001011.jpg

1005001229a.jpg

1006000142.jpg

1006002353.jpg

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

1008000535.jpg

1009001653.jpg

1009001653a.jpg

1009001653b.jpg

1009001809.jpg

1012002113.jpg

1012002114.jpg

1014002002.jpg

No sound deadening as of now, or even if there need be.

1014002034.jpg

The factory tweeter bracket (modified to my liking)

So as of now, there are no subs. The DC's have worn out at the surrounds. (I blame the shitty tx heat) However I believe this week I will be ordering new cones and buy a new amp. The orion has seen it's days and I'm a little weary of running 1 ohm for a daily driver now. A red top is getting added as well with an isolation circuit to allow me to play at the lake and not worry about batteries dying.

Keep up for updates.

:drinks:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Updates... ahhhhhh! Glad to see you're doing well and glad to see some work getting done on the truck. Me likey :)

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

• 1 month later...

not trying to resurrect you thread but how did you attach the rings and the glass to the pillars?

Thick CA. The glass is full wrapped around the pillar.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived