I like the build. Very good use of materials and way to show off your strengths. I have the same problem as you. I never seem to like a box when it's finished and I am always changing boxes. I don't even carpet them anymore, or do I rarely finish them off all toghether since they'll more than likely become trash soon after they're built. The box I have now has made it the longest for this year. I decided not to do anything to it finishing wise because it will hurt spl, so I painted the outside with fiberglass resin to help airflow over it better. By doing that to my box I gained .2dbs on the term lab. It's carpet and even bedliner that restricts the airflow over the enclosure making it not meter as loud. Next time you build a box try rounding over all of the exterior edges. This will also help the airflow over it better and help you on the mic. Great job and I can't wait to see the new finished box. Nice choice on the Sundown too!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at it again. I sold all the JL amps and I'm getting a AQ2200d, Sundown 100.4, a 4th type R, and a MLA module for now. ext on the list is some batteries if I end up needing them. I think with 1 yellowtop, 220 amp alt and MLA module I'll be alright for a while. So I gotta get the amps in the and then set up a new amp rack, them I'll be ordering the last sub in a couple of weeks, and building a new box in the meantime. After that I'll have o room to add more so hopefully I'll be done :yahoo:

member9971.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived