Sundown Audio

Is This Amp Worth It?

loganuf

There is a Orion 2500 for sale for 450obo in the fs section. Check that amp out. Itl put out right around a solid 2000 watts at 2 ohm. And it will blow that pa amp out tha water

can you link me to this amp, i cant find it

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

he AQ amp does 1300 @ 2ohms so that wont work for ya. I'd try suing two smaller amps and strapping them. Maybe the pa3000d like mrwigglezdj wouls work and still be budget friendly

how would i strap amps like this together, ive never done that before

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

the pa amps come with a cord to link them together and then you run a wire from one amp to the other on the speakers and youre then left with a pos on one and and a neg on the other for the speaker termanls very simple. but its not that much of a budget saver in reality, after you buy 2 new 3000d's you could have just bought a nice amp like the mojo 2500 or the kicker 2500 for the same price well maybe 1-150 cheaper than 2 of the pa 3000 together and get the power you need at the ohm you want to run

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

the pa amps come with a cord to link them together and then you run a wire from one amp to the other on the speakers and youre then left with a pos on one and and a neg on the other for the speaker termanls very simple. but its not that much of a budget saver in reality, after you buy 2 new 3000d's you could have just bought a nice amp like the mojo 2500 or the kicker 2500 for the same price well maybe 1-150 cheaper than 2 of the pa 3000 together and get the power you need at the ohm you want to run

yea thats wut i was thinking too.....do you think that he was right when he said the pa amp runs at about 1300 rms at 2 ohms?

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

yes they are over rated but great for us poor folk who just cant save up because were pains

but there hard to resell for near what you paid which after a while you will want to upgrade and will loose your ass when you do thus the reason its better to save up more and get real quality instead of a printed number of quanity like pa does

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

yes they are over rated but great for us poor folk who just cant save up because were pains

but there hard to resell for near what you paid which after a while you will want to upgrade and will loose your ass when you do thus the reason its better to save up more and get real quality instead of a printed number of quanity like pa does

alrite...well im almost set on an amp....d18 is gonna sell me his kx2500, which would be a perfect amp for my setup....just gotta get the moneys straight

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

dont know him, but if hes a straight seller with proper working stuff then youre going down a good road and wont be let down, the only thing to worry about is can the subs handle the extra power the kicker makes (under rated some)and with that amp you can sell for very close to what you paid for it... might even want to check out hifisoundconnection.com

ive bought some kickers from them before and was happy with them and they have full warrenty as well