Sonic Electronix

I need some help sooner than later... please!!! I am running a memphis bell ( the big bell ). I was running a mojo 12'' @ 1 ohm, but I recently put 8 10s back in just cause they were sitting there collecting dust. Anyhow it was running fine @ 2 ohms, but yesterday it started cutting out, just the 5th (sub) channel. I turn it down and it comes back on. Whats going on? Voltage is good, all wires are good.... it has cut off once when it went into thermal cause I was running it for a hot min, but its been working fine @ 2 ohms for the last two weeks, but last night...... well you know, so what do you guys think?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

try setting the gain output for the sub channel with a meter. and like footlong said make sure anywires didnt fall off. check the lead commin from the subs with a meter. if its not at 2 ohms start pullin out subs and figure out the problem

Well thats a possability, but I unpluged it from the amp and popped em they all went and in faze. The amp gain is just about half, and the amp is a seeing a 4.5 volt input from the line driver. Voltage is 14.8 on, 11.4-12.3 off. Is it possible that two of the jumpers touch when its going and throws the amp into protect? I been trying to find a meter ( @ my girls house) no luck, but I am going home tommarow , gonna swap boxes and then I can use my meter there.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Well I figured it out... I feel real dumb!!! I blew the fuse, well more like melted the fuse under the hood, so the whole thing was just running off the batteries in the back. all better now, but my concern is that it melted from the battery side under the hood.

OiRYFHf.png

yeah, you would think I would check a fuse.... but it was still running so it never occured to me to check it!!!

OiRYFHf.png

lol

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived