Sonic Electronix

*noob Question* Amp Install For New 2008 Accord.

I'm about to hookup my old system (juz a mono amp and a single orion 12) to my brother's new car, a 2008 Accord. He has stock HU, which i dont want to mess with. My question are:

-where is the best place for me to hook up the remote wire while minimizing any modification to the vehicle's electrical?

-Can I juz hook it up somewhere in the fuse box? If yes...where? and how, juz trap the wire with one of the fuses?

I've installed amps before but only to a car with an aftermarket HU and a remote wire output. Although my current car, my remote wire is hooked up to the ignition, my friend hooked this up for me. Plust I really do not want to mess with my brother's ignition harness anyway.

Thank you guys in advance.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

no help?

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Usually when you put a system in a car with the stock h/u u have to use the little wiring harness that comes with some amps, looks like speaker wires with a plug on the end of it, and I think thats supposed to act as your RCA's and your remote not completely sure though

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Usually when you put a system in a car with the stock h/u u have to use the little wiring harness that comes with some amps, looks like speaker wires with a plug on the end of it, and I think thats supposed to act as your RCA's and your remote not completely sure though

As far as for signal...i'm juz using an LOC to tap in the rear speaker wires. I juz not sure about the remote turn on wire.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Oh damn i just forgot you can wire it to a switch, thats what i did in my truck, run a wire from a constant source whent he ignition is on in the fusebox i.e. the radio fuse and put a switch on it so he can turn it on or off anytime he likes

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Oh ok. But I kinda want to have the amps turn off automatically when he shuts off the car. Cuz he'll probably forget to turn-off the amp and that would drain the batt.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Hi there...you can run the remote to the fuse box, just make sure u run it to a slot that only receives power when the car is on ;)

Good luck mate...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Hi there...you can run the remote to the fuse box, just make sure u run it to a slot that only receives power when the car is on ;)

Good luck mate...

Cool....that's what i wanna clear-out. Now i imma take a look at his manual to figureout the fusebox layout. THAnks guys.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

o and one more thing...u shouldnt need but a 1 or two amp fuse on it...

cool...i'll stop by radio shack later today.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit