Slope Settings....

Got a question for the tuning guru's....

I have new Eclipse headunit with adjustable 'everything'. It allows different slope settings for front and rear speakers up to -24db rollloff.

My question is should the front speakers have less rolloff than the rears or just the opposite?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Got a question for the tuning guru's....

I have new Eclipse headunit with adjustable 'everything'. It allows different slope settings for front and rear speakers up to -24db rollloff.

My question is should the front speakers have less rolloff than the rears or just the opposite?

honestly it depends on the speakers themselves. Are they the same brand and size?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

lwt me put it this way, In my experience the dmaller the speaker the higher/sharper the cut off slope. THe larger ones can handle less of a slope though. Putting a sharper slope on the smaller ones will help them handle the power better. The slope just helps the speaker handle the frequencies and has nothing to do with placement. Time correction delay and time alignment is where that comes in for things like rear fill... which I dont use because with proper placement of front channels your sq experience will come to life!

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

lwt me put it this way, In my experience the dmaller the speaker the higher/sharper the cut off slope. THe larger ones can handle less of a slope though. Putting a sharper slope on the smaller ones will help them handle the power better. The slope just helps the speaker handle the frequencies and has nothing to do with placement. Time correction delay and time alignment is where that comes in for things like rear fill... which I dont use because with proper placement of front channels your sq experience will come to life!

Thanks Roscoe! New Eclipse head unit has way more SQ functions than I need, just want to try to keep as much general quality of sound in my car as I can, I won't be competing at all with it.

Time alignment is still not setup, waiting until I can get out there with a tape measure.

Then there is the idea of just getting that Eclipse microphone and letting the head unit set itself up!

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks Roscoe! New Eclipse head unit has way more SQ functions than I need, just want to try to keep as much general quality of sound in my car as I can, I won't be competing at all with it.

Time alignment is still not setup, waiting until I can get out there with a tape measure.

Then there is the idea of just getting that Eclipse microphone and letting the head unit set itself up!

Believe it or not you may be pleasently supprised if you do that. Its not 100% but it comes pretty close.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Believe it or not you may be pleasently supprised if you do that. Its not 100% but it comes pretty close.

I have heard both good and bad things about these automatic setups, but since the processor is already in the headunit, I just have to buy a $20 microphone from Eclipse. I am not sure how a walled car would affect it though. It also needs to be done through the memory stick slot on the head unit, so I have to figure out which reader to buy for my laptop USB to upload the measurements to the Eclipse site and which memory stick to buy.

In the mean time. I will set it up manually and learn as I go. :D

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG