Popping When Headunit Turns On

I've seen situations where the sub amp's ground was poor and it was picking up engine noise while starting up the truck. This might not be for your situation, but just a thought.

Does your amp not have a delay turn on? Or does the deck for that matter?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

You might have a just a plain normal turn on pop because of the timing of the Alpine H/U.

There is a little thing you can put on the remote turn on to slow down how fast it takes to turn on the amps.

But I forgot how to do it.

The new head unit might be powering up the signal before powering up the amps witch will cause that.

Edit: I have something backwards in that last sentence I think. signal first amps next?

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

• 3 weeks later...

every time this has happened around the shop, its been due to the remote wire...... on some radios, there is a small delay, others, it just turns right on..... this sudden change in voltage just causes the subs to pop a little......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)