Second Skin Audio

Bandpass?

jcm1689

I need to design a bandpass box for my girls new car. im not looking for someone to design one for me i just need to know how to design one. i would really appreciate it if some one could help.

if you have never designed on I wouldn't recommend it. Go ahead and try if you want...just use WinISD to get the figures right.

my do you NEED a bandpass anyways??

well ive designed and built many other "specialty" boxes before (t-lines,horns). never done a bandpass before. they taught me at mobile dynamics but i cant find my notes anywhere. i know im more than capable of designing one and building one the right way once i have the info on how to do the calculations.

I dont "Need" one but there are a few specific reasons. im cuttin a hole through the rear deck. if i design a bandpass i dont have to deal with any noise going into anypart of the trunk=no rattles in the trunk and all the sound funneled into the car with the seats up. secondly i just want to do one. ive never done one and i always like to try new things.

anyone???? i would like to start the design of this to night so i can start builing in a day or two

I used a 2 - 1 ratio when I built mine

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I used a 2 - 1 ratio when I built mine

Yep a ratio like 2-1 is the easiest

the sealed side should be the smaller of the boxes, ported side larger, and for god sakes, when you build a bandpass, your actually tuning alot higher than you THINK your supposed to tune

so instead of 30hz which everyone and there momma tunes ported boxes to, your really going to be tuning closer to like 55hz-60hz

No it does not play only that frequency, what happens is the tuning starts at about that frequency, and finally fades off an octave below tuning- and then, if built, and designed right, you got yourself a nice boomy, loud, clean box

here actually I just designed this one for a friend, I don't have measurements on the schematic for a reason

bmwbandpass.jpg

this was also used with the 2-1 ratio

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived