Sundown Audio

Autotek Mm4000.1d Keep Going Into Protection

pervitizm

And I don't know why. I've trippled checked all my connections including my grounds and I'm still confuessed as to why this amp keeps going into protection. I've got two runs of 1/0 from my second battery to a Knu Koncepts power block( 2 1/0 for inupt 3 4-1/0 output). All three outputs are fused at 150amp with a mini-anl fuses. From the block I'm running two runs of 4 guage less than a foot to the amp's two power inputs. I have two runs of 4 guage comming from a ground block that is less than 1 foot in lenght going to the ground outs on the amp. I've checked every fuse that I have in this system and none of them are blown so I don't know what else to check. I have a phoneix gold 15:1 mono that I'm going to use tomorrow to test my connections again. I know that amp works. Any thing else I need to check before I try to send this amp in for repair?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

its an autotek lol. j.k. are your subs hooked up? too low of an ohm load? bad rca's?

Nope subs were not hooked up yet? This was just to see if the amp would cut on and it did alright. Right into protection. I will find out later on today if my wiring is bad when I test it using my good ole PG amp. I know that amp works.

Oh by the way, I though that it might have been because the subs were not hooked up to the amp so we hooked the amp up to the subs and still all we got was protection.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Resolved my issue. The main group wire to my ground block came loose. So I found a new grounding point and reset the ground. The amp comes on now......which is good. The bad new, is that my t-nuts that I used for my box as speaker terminals are jacked up and the connection is weak as hell. I'm getting very little sound comming out of the LvL4's so I'm gonna have to think of something else. That sucks cause that box is like 200 -250lbs and I hate taking it in and out.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Ok, I'm now frustrated. I have my Autotek amp hooked up to the subs and when I turn the HU on I get virtually no sound from the subs. When I turn the HU up the amp goes into protection. Now I have my subs( pair of LvL4 18's with the LvL5 coils dual 1ohm) hooked up in series each to give a 2ohm load on each channel. I don't understand why the amp is going into protection nor why it's not playing th subs at all. I've checked my ground point, rca, remote wire and I've just rewired the subs in the box tonight to make sure they were wired correctly and the amp will not play these subs for shit. I'm beyond the point of frustration. So anybody got any ideal on what could be wrong? Is there a way to test the channels on the amp to see if there is output? I have a digital multimeter if that helps.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

put your dmm on the subs and see what they read. (ohm). get like a 50hz test tone cd, play that, keep the subs disconnected from the amp, put your dmm on ac voltage, and connect it to each channel. see if theirs output that way. or just keep the subs disconnected, and turn the head unit up then and see what happens.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ChevyBoy

I tried to check the readings on the subs but I wasn't see anything on my DMM. One coil would say 0.03 the other was like 0.045. ButWhat I did do was this, I disconnected both subs, and the wires used to wire them in series I then decided to wire up one of the subs straight up (+1 from amp tp +1 of sub +2 from amp to +2 of sub....and vis vercse for the - outputs on the amp and sub) Now when I do that the one sub will play......and play loud as hell too. I'm thinking that I'm either wiring the subs up wrong when I try to hook both up, or that indeed the ohm levels of the subs are wrong and it's forcing the subs to go into proctection on the amp.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

I was off on the readings from the DMM. I took the subs out of the box and the coils were correct. One sub and coils that read 1.0 and 0.99 ohms. I have the subs wired in series to show a 2ohm load to each amp channel. I finally got the system to work without it going into protection but I'm still having a slight issue. I'm getting this midrange sound comming from one of the subs and I know it's the amp that's doing it and not the subs. It appears that channel B on the amp is having the issue were its sending a frequency signal to the subs that the subs are not suppose to get. I even went and tuned the frequency of the amp all the way down to 60hz and I'm still getting higher midrage sounds from the one sub connected to that channel. I thought that my radio might be messed up so I hooked up my PG amp to the subs just to see if I get the same sound comming from that amp and I don't. So I guess that elimiates the HU and the rca cables. What would cause this amp channel to produce this sound?

I just think that this amp is damaged and I need to get it back to maxxsoince for repair.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes